Couple questions from a soon to be HTC One owner

DanX47

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
First of all hi I'm new to these forums. Ok now here are my questions.

I already ordered my HTC One and HTC car kit from T-Mobile yesterday and am patiently waiting for it.

I have had the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant for 3 years keeping it because I couldn't find a worthy upgrade, now I am VERY excited for a new phone. The Vibrant has been great the first year but now it just lags, is slow, force closes everything I open, keyboard lags every second, camera is very slow, I've even factory reset a couple times and the same problems occur days after reset, Facebook, Instagram, and mostly every app I use just doesn't respond at all, I've just had it.

Now question is, will this HTC One be a big upgrade for me? The last upgrade I've been on is Froyo so surely Android is much further along now. Is there still lag? Are there still problems that occur as commonly as these first gen Android devices as my Vibrant?

Second, I know that the One has some sort of transfer method but I have an old phone so I don't think it works. Will I just have to copy everything from my SD card and phone to my computer?

Thanks. :)

DanX47

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I also want to mention battery life, my Vibrant would go from 100% to %10 with moderate use in 2 hours, something I'm tired of.
I'm really hoping the HTC One will impress me.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
You will be astounded by the difference. It feels like absolute lightning, and the build is inspiring. Enjoy :).

For transferring, I presume you can do that. I have a Mac, so it's a bit weirder there.

shief24

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I believe it would be a big upgrade for you. I had the s2 and the difference is huge. f you like media and things of that nature, the camera on this thing is excellent for outdoors and especially indoors. Additionally, the speakers and headphones they come with are both crisp, clear and loud. My HTC ONE is lag free and is super responsive -I mean apps load up almost instantly when you tap the icon. The browser is pretty good too and pages load up speedy on wifi and 3g or LTE. I am not sure about your vibrant problems so I cant really comment on that but I have noticed NO issue with my HTC One.

The Transfer content menu will work with android phones v2.3 or later and you just have to download an app in Google Play to proceed with the transfer.

Regarding battery, I used to have an extended battery on my s2 and I could go 2 days without charging my phone (3900 maH). With that being said, I am pleased with this battery because it also can last me a day with moderate use (checking emails, social networking, texting constantly, 1 hour phone calls, playing with the camera). Today I have used it for email, texting, and browsing with 1 hour and 45 mins screen time and it is at 74 percent.

So the bottom line is: This phone will be a big upgrade from your vibrant. Camera is great, its fast, the battery will depend on how you use it, sound is amazing, and the phone is super responsive. Hope this helped

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Let me say this is the first android phone I've used that's just as fast and responsive as my iPhone 5 which was my benchmark. I have not had any force closes and had to do a reset, a first for me on an android phone. The design of sense is very modern, I actually like it better than stock. The screen is the best screen I've seen on anywhere, on a phone, tablet, computer, or even tv. The screen is amazing. And the design and feel of this phone is the best I have seen, even besting my iPhone 5. Battery life isnt that good in my opinion, but it will last you alot longer than 2 hours. I get around 8-9 hours with heavy use.

This to me is the best android phone you can get. Only two other android phones may get me to switch and that would be the Note 3 or Motorola X, but neither have even been announced yet so any information on them are just rumors. I think you'll love the upgrade.

Rensje

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure if the transfer process will work for you, given that your Vibrant works on Android 2.2 (out of the box anyway) and the transfer process seems to require the source to at least have 2.3 (Gingerbread). The process does reportedly work beautifully with Android phones of any make and build, so if you currently have Android 2.3 or higher you shouldn't have any problems.

As far as the One is concerned, battery life is pretty great, especially stand-by time, and screen on time is really surprisingly good as well, even if you tend to use the camera a lot. The only two things that seem to stress the battery for me are YouTube and playing demanding games (looking at you, Real Racing 3). Most other things, like browsing the web, playing music, multi-tasking.. the One just won't break a sweat no matter how hard you try. Just make sure you are on a decent phone network with good reception.

You're going to love this phone.. I came from a Galaxy S2 myself and I found the One to be a substantial upgrade. Even my girlfriend's S3 doesn't compare. It outshines pretty much everything currently out there right now and I guarantee this phone grabs the attention of friends, co-workers and bystanders alike. :)

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I also want to mention battery life, my Vibrant would go from 100% to %10 with moderate use in 2 hours, something I'm tired of.
I'm really hoping the HTC One will impress me.

You're going to be blown away. Battery life is awesome, speed is incredible, Jelly Bean is a blessing compared to the old androids. Just take some time to get to know it before you take it out and you'll have a great time with the new phone.

rickysoDolo

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I came from iPhone 4s to the new HTC One and the difference is astonishing. Its really quick loading apps, webpages, etc. The battery I will say lacks a little bit but its reasonable, just turn down the brightness if you want extra life. As far as the transfer with the Vibrant I'm not sure but the transfer from iPhone was seamless with the Sync manager software on my mac, just chose what I wanted to transfer: contacts, photos, bookmarks and music. Theres also a transfer content option built in the phone but I haven't used it. In the Sync manager software you download on your computer once you plug in your phone, you will see an option to choose where/what files you want to download so just choose your SD card and you should be good. Hope this helps.

DanX47

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses!
I've been playing with it now for a day and I'm loving it, very snappy and lightning fast.

Only concern is battery life, does the battery drain faster the second you take it out of the box? I let it drain all out and then charged it all the way back up?
This thing charges incredibly slow and am hoping HTC unlocks Quick Charge in an update.

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
This thing charges incredibly slow and am hoping HTC unlocks Quick Charge in an update.
+1. I too, am hoping that they unlock Quick Charge. I'm used to using the phone for navigation, when I go on road trips, and if the HTC can't charge itself fast enough to overcome the battery drain, it'll be very annoying.

DanX47

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
+1. I too, am hoping that they unlock Quick Charge. I'm used to using the phone for navigation, when I go on road trips, and if the HTC can't charge itself fast enough to overcome the battery drain, it'll be very annoying.
I used it for navigation yesterday just trying it out on the way to work and home and the battery literally doesn't move when charging in the car. I find that annoying. I hope HTC addresses this.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I think the reason it charges slow is because they disabled the quick charge. The reason is because it's a LiPolymer instead of Lion which is supposed to last longer before degrading since the battery is not easily replaceable. Somebody can correct me if I don't have it exactly right.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci