HTC One Speaker Popping Sound

Does your HTC One make the popping noise?

• Total voters

jmwein

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay this is a bizarre issue that I think affects most HTC One devices and people don't even realize (unless you have incredible hearing like myself haha). Anyway, put your volume up and then do anything that makes the speakers make noise...doesn't matter what it is. As soon as the noise stops, put the speakers directly up to your ear and see if your phone makes a popping sound. I had this issue on my device (I was actually able to hear it when I was alone at home without putting the speaker up to my ear) so I checked out both display models at AT&T and they had the same issue. Does your device make the popping sound?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I notice it as well, but it's very low and quick and it takes a second to happen after any audio has stopped. It's almost like the sound you get when you turn off an amplifier. Maybe that's what it is in this case too.

jmwein

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes I believe that's exactly what it is but it's definitely something that shouldn't be happening. I hope this is fixed in a software update soon b/c it can get quit irritating if you're using your phone in a quiet environment where you can hear everything.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I notice it as well, but it's very low and quick and it takes a second to happen after any audio has stopped. It's almost like the sound you get when you turn off an amplifier. Maybe that's what it is in this case too.

Could possibly be lol. I refuse to do this test, my OCD will not withstand it.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes I believe that's exactly what it is but it's definitely something that shouldn't be happening. I hope this is fixed in a software update soon b/c it can get quit irritating if you're using your phone in a quiet environment where you can hear everything.
Well, my old Marshall did the same thing and the little Line 6 I've got does it as well. Technically it's the release of any residual current in the amplifier circuit through the speakers. I kinda' like the fact it does that. I'll chalk it up to a character trait of a solid state amp and won't give it a second thought.

Traveler62

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I was using headphones last night and had the music stopping and making noises when I would go to turning wifi on and off. I don't know if this may be similar. Hopefully an update may fix this later.

Scottyl41

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My speakers pop a little on phone calls/youtube videos. Its not the speakers because music plays great. I'm not sure what do to.

jmwein

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I really don't believe that over 50% of you don't have the popping sound. Every HTC One I've held has had the issues (about 8 of them) and I haven't found one that hasn't. I'm assuming most of you are just voting without actually doing the test.

Scottyl41

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I figured why my phone was popping on calls. Its has to do with wireless calling. I turned it all off. And..no more popping. I spoke to HTC about it and they were unsure of it but said they are looking into it.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Called HTC Rep..they asked me my phone serial number and they said they will do the soft reset after they done they told me to restart my phone and the pop sound was gone...

ffarouki

May 6, 2013
Visit site
First day with my HTC1, been enjoying my evening personalizing my phone when I heard it. Just as described before. So I came searching on the Internet and.. Well, here I am.

I hope I don't hear it in the morning when things are bustling up and about. My OCD (yes me too) will give me heartburn over it lol

Either way, great phone don't regret. Congrats everyone for not falling for the S4 plastic allure with over-saturated screens :)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's part of android. It's done it since ICS on the galaxy nexus. It is not a defect, and there's nothing wrong with your phone if it does it.

Bigbill01

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else still getting this?

I just received my One a couple of days ago and never noticed anything until today, every time the phone makes a 'click' or a notification sound, open a search bar or anything that may require some audio I get a 4 second hiss and a pop. then dead silence.. this is before every audio related action.. Its not super load but i can hear it when the phone is a foot away from my head.. put it near your head and its quite audible.

Is there a fix.. is this just Android? (6 year ios veteran)

Bigbill01

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
thanks for reply, its not making a funny noise, as in - not playing music correctly or voice calls sound bad.. its like the speakers are still outputting white noise after the sound, a notification or something, has played... when the white noise ends there is a tiny pop.. like an tiny barely audible switch is being shut off.. Now I know its there its all i can here :)

Just wondered if the poeple who commented above are still experiencing this...?

I have shut off all wifi, nfc, beats audio thingy.. problem still exists..

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I got my one 4 days ago.. From what I can tell it's the speakers powering up, playing the sound, and the pop is them turning off.

Doesn't alarm me at all.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781