My Battery

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It is a weird thing with my battery. I am getting very good battery life, 14-17 hours a day on one charge with the use of wi-fi and also no LTE in my area. I am on Sprint. When I wake up in the morning, I have a pretty quick drop from 100-89ish, then it holds for a while. During the course of the next few hours it falls to around 60, but it really hangs there for a pretty long time. I have average usage, streaming, twitter, youtube, zoes, games, web browsing. I guess my reason for posting this was to see if other people notice a fast drop at times and then a long time at a certain percentage of battery, then another drop, and another long pause at another percentage? I was a little worried about the battery life of the phone, but 14-17 hours a day is plenty for me. I am always around a charger should I need to, and I got a nice travel power tube to charge for emergencies.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It is a weird thing with my battery. I am getting very good battery life, 14-17 hours a day on one charge with the use of wi-fi and also no LTE in my area. I am on Sprint. When I wake up in the morning, I have a pretty quick drop from 100-89ish, then it holds for a while. During the course of the next few hours it falls to around 60, but it really hangs there for a pretty long time. I have average usage, streaming, twitter, youtube, zoes, games, web browsing. I guess my reason for posting this was to see if other people notice a fast drop at times and then a long time at a certain percentage of battery, then another drop, and another long pause at another percentage? I was a little worried about the battery life of the phone, but 14-17 hours a day is plenty for me. I am always around a charger should I need to, and I got a nice travel power tube to charge for emergencies.

Yeah I would say mine is similar. My will probably drop from 100 to 90 between from 8:30 to 10:30 but it's 4PM and my battery is at 78. So although I haven't been able to watch it constantly, I would guess that it paused somewhere a long the line. It could also be due to sync schedules at the same time and I get way more emails in the morning than afternoon. I keep all connections on except GPS and bluetooth and well as location services so Maps is always pinging. But I have been getting phenomenal battery life. The last couple of nights, I was trying to force my battery to run down because since I've first charged it up on the 18th it hasn't been lower than 25% at any time.

mge92

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
There is a setting which turns the data usage off when its been asleep for a while so thats why your battery doesnt drop as much. If you turn that option off you will get a constant decrease because your data usage uses up the battery

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I feel similar, sometimes iam thinking "shyte my battery is flying down" I need to go easy and then suddenly it seems to last somehow ha I feel like the first 20% goes down the fastest too for some reason yet when charging the last 10% seems to take forever

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
There is a setting which turns the data usage off when its been asleep for a while so thats why your battery doesnt drop as much. If you turn that option off you will get a constant decrease because your data usage uses up the battery

Agreed but I think the question is why does it seem to do a constant drain fir a little while then stop. Especially if there isn't a of activity causing the differences. For instance with that setting enable the phone will drop 5% in an hour then with same setting it will drain only 2% the next 2 hours. There has to be other factors that will cause the stop and go drain. In my opinion its not a bother because I'm getting great battery life.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Having power saver on and keeping all checked but CPU saver, unless my battery is very very low, has done wonders in preserving battery life for me. Turning off haptic especially. I really suggest it to those wanting to improve battery.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums