Not getting 4g lte on HTC One

sidekickkdx

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I took my new HTC One into a 4g LTE area but my phone only got 4g (no LTE). I called AT&T and they said I should be getting LTE and couldn't really help me.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Indecisive

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I wasn't on an LTE plan before. Once they are certain that is correct, you might be having a sim problem. I would take it to a store and let them try giving you a new sim card. One easy way to check is go into your dialer and type

*#*#4636#*#*

Choose the first option in the list that comes up, and see what "preferred network" is set to. If it doesn't say something about "LTE" theres something wrong. Before I got a new sim card, when I changed the drop down to "LTE" it automatically reverted. Apperantly I was on the wrong LTE plan, thanks at&t, and the sim wasn't LTE enabled.

After that, when I turned on the phone, it still wouldn't pull lte, but would if I disabled and reenabled airplane mode. Not 100% sure what I did to fix that. I think it was a combination of changing the afformentioned preferred network dropdown, doing a full factory reset of the phone, and restarting the phone 10000 time to pull down the correct roaming info.

Long story short, take it to an at&t corporate store imo.

sidekickkdx

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that information. I didn't know about the *#*#4636#*#* trick! I did that and the network doesn't say anything about LTE.
I'm taking it to the AT&T store tomorrow morning.
I hope it can be taken care of without a factory reset. I just spent all week setting it up just right!

Helios Figueroa

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
And what did you find?

i'm from Mexico and i have the same problem with Telcel. i turn my phonte to LTE but after some seconds it returns to WCDMA automatically

i was reading about it and i found that there're two versions of HTC one X. one has LTE and the other no.

did you guys know something about it?

Last edited:

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi Helios. You are talking about the One X? This is the forum for the One (m7) without X or S in the name.

If you have a One (m7) with LTE you should be able to get LTE with Telcel. I'm with Telcel and the LTE works very well, even with poor signal.

There are unlocked models (the One is not available in Mexico yet) that don't support LTE, only 3G.

Saludos!

Posted via Android Central App

MubashirShah51

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I wasn't on an LTE plan before. Once they are certain that is correct, you might be having a sim problem. I would take it to a store and let them try giving you a new sim card. One easy way to check is go into your dialer and type

*#*#4636#*#*

Choose the first option in the list that comes up, and see what "preferred network" is set to. If it doesn't say something about "LTE" theres something wrong. Before I got a new sim card, when I changed the drop down to "LTE" it automatically reverted. Apperantly I was on the wrong LTE plan, thanks at&t, and the sim wasn't LTE enabled.

After that, when I turned on the phone, it still wouldn't pull lte, but would if I disabled and reenabled airplane mode. Not 100% sure what I did to fix that. I think it was a combination of changing the afformentioned preferred network dropdown, doing a full factory reset of the phone, and restarting the phone 10000 time to pull down the correct roaming info.

Long story short, take it to an at&t corporate store imo.

Thank you, the *#*#4636#*#* trick worked, and kept it on LTE only. Appreciate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan