Power button on the left?

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I got to check out the HTC One yesterday at an HTC mall setup. It's pretty sweet and I like the curve back. One thing though that throws me is the power button on the top on the left side. Using iPhones for so long (button top right) and some Nexus devices (button on the right side of the phone) it seems like this could get annoying.

Does the button being on the top left bother anyone? How long did it take you to get used to it? Do you find it hard to reach when using your right hand?

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
my last phone was a Galaxy S2 with the power button on the right side. it taken a few days to re-train my brain that the One's volume rocker is in the place where my S2 power button was. it makes more sense to me having the power button on the upper left - it's more out of the way and i like the position.

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is my biggest gripe with the phone. It's an awkward placement especially when using it with one hand (assuming you're right handed)
You do get used to it, and in the end, it's not that big a deal.... but top right would be easier. I actually wouldn't even mind if they put it on the right side where the volume rocker is and then just put the volume rocket on the left.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I come from an s3 and if i had to choose then meh i suppose id rather it be on the right side like on the s3 but its really not a problem at all! I would however of liked a dedicated home button that oh well

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I still use my Samsung Infuse as my bedside clock, cause I have a dock. I have gotten so used to the one that I struggle to find the power on the infuse. You brain just makes the switch after a day or 2.

One thing about the power button on the HTC is that it is almost black, and almost the same shape as the USB connection. Since the are top left and bottom left, I sometimes get them confused in low light or if I don't have my contacts in.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for replies all. Thinking about picking one of these up. Now I just have to decide if I want to wait until after it's been updated to Android 4.2 or just buy it now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol