Things you DONT like about the HTC One?

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the HTC One and I picked it up last Friday on launch day! I have been loving the phone and im curious if theres anything you guys DONT like about the phone! For me, the phone still makes it a full day but its usually down to 15-20% of battery by bedtime, whereas my HTC Evo 3D was down to make 35%. Granted i probably do use the One more and its not like the phone is dying during the middle of the day so i think of that as a very minor problem! When reading some S4 reviews i have seen that it can be laggy and it made me happy that the HTC One with the slower clock speed is never laggy! All about software optimization! Anyways this is by no means a thread about the S4 vs the One, but what are your main gripes with the HTC One?

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely nothing. Which is amazing because every phone I ever had came with some kind of bug..this damn thing is flawless

I agree there its hard to think of something bad about this phone.. the 4MP pictures i have taken so far look great!

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Blink feed... I actually enjoy it but I find its the same news repeated over and over throughout the day which is quite annoying, don't like the camera for daytime use but only really use when I'm on a night out anyway, also don't know if its just my model but my USB feels loose and some of the edges don't run smooth where the screen and speakers meet.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd really like it if they had included the ability to use the back button as a menu button by long pressing it. That way they would have been sticking to Google's spec of not including one, but would have spared us the black bar.

Built in notification shade toggles would have been nice, but Power Toggles handles that just fine.

Power button placement. As neat of an idea as integrating the IR blaster into the power button was, the black power button looks bad on the silver/white phones (which are the only ones you can find ATM). I small drilled hole for it would have been less obtrusive, then they could have put the power button on the side where it belongs on a phone this tall.

Color choices. As much as I like my Silver/White combo, I would KILL for the red one that was on their site the day they announced it. Or even a black one with red accents instead of black accents.

Custom feeds in BlinkFeed.

All said, all of these are relatively minor complaints none of which would cause me to get a different phone over this one.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Blink feed... I actually enjoy it but I find its the same news repeated over and over throughout the day which is quite annoying, don't like the camera for daytime use but only really use when I'm on a night out anyway, also don't know if its just my model but my USB feels loose and some of the edges don't run smooth where the screen and speakers meet.

I use blinkfeed on my lunch breaks and down time and it really helps since i dont have to go scouring the internet for things to read, but i do agree that a good half of the stuff on there is just the same exact story from a seperate website

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

My first phone felt loose, but after swapping it out for a different reason, the new usb cable locks in tight like it should be.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd really like it if they had included the ability to use the back button as a menu button by long pressing it. That way they would have been sticking to Google's spec of not including one, but would have spared us the black bar.

Built in notification shade toggles would have been nice, but Power Toggles handles that just fine.

Power button placement. As neat of an idea as integrating the IR blaster into the power button was, the black power button looks bad on the silver/white phones (which are the only ones you can find ATM). I small drilled hole for it would have been less obtrusive, then they could have put the power button on the side where it belongs on a phone this tall.

Color choices. As much as I like my Silver/White combo, I would KILL for the red one that was on their site the day they announced it. Or even a black one with red accents instead of black accents.

Custom feeds in BlinkFeed.

All said, all of these are relatively minor complaints none of which would cause me to get a different phone over this one.

Coming from all phones that have the power button on top, it feels quite natural to me. Whenever i grab an SGS3 i keep pushing the top of the phone looking for a power button and i have quite large hands so the power button on the One just makes sense to me. Ive always had a power widget off to my screen on the right for wifi, data, gps ect so the power toggles dont make much of a difference to me and i like this way much better then the HTC One. I would have hopped on the red phone as well!

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The dock on the home screen, I wouldnt mind if i could change the color but rather it be transparent instead of this horrible black bar taking up a good portion of the wallpaper!! Other then that, very little, maybe remove blinkfeed and facebook from the gallery, some more themes for the messaging app would be nice to :)

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely hate how the capacitive buttons function. I would say that they work about 70% of the time. Trying to bring up multitasking or pressing the home button to exit the camera app has become a pain

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely hate how the capacitive buttons function. I would say that they work about 70% of the time. Trying to bring up multitasking or pressing the home button to exit the camera app has become a pain

Thats very strange as i have had NO problems with them

atrixfll

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My biggest issue is the NOTIFICATION LED..

Its hard to see and NO WAY to adjust the speed or color and what apps you want it to notify..

I found a fix by using NO LED app.. but I do feel like I am going back to SGSII ...
I should not have to do this

other then that I LOOOOOOOVEEEEEE my HTCONE

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Let's see here...

- It gets extremely hot (not just warm) while doing the most menial things. Locally stored music playing through an aux cable, using Bluetooth in the car, etc. Wouldn't want to even try using Bluetooth and GPS at the same time for fear of combustion.

- Screen sits out just enough for me to clip it with my finger or nail just below the top speaker grill. Seems to be a lot of design issues like this with gaps.

- The button placement forces two handed use a lot and seemingly is hit or miss on when they illuminate. Plus they can be missed fairly easily so the press isn't registered.

- No menu button means you lose screen real estate on most apps, including the Android Central one I'm using to type this. Feels like I'm looking at an iPhone 5.

- The chamfered edges are gorgeous, but it can make the phone uncomfortable to hold. When attempting one handed use in portrait mode, it digs into my pinky. Not a huge deal, but its less comfortable than other phones including HTCs own DNA.

- The camera looks great, but you can find its weakness the second you use an image for anything else other than social media. The limits of a 4MP camera, I guess.

- Sense 5 looks great, but the app drawer is different for the sake of being different. It wears on me after awhile with the stop/start scrolling. The app dock can't be changed unless you're in the app drawer which seems like it was just thrown in at the end for no reason.

- If you're going to make UI changes, add the battery percentage option. No idea why only Apple and Samsung do this.

- 4.1.2 was outdated before this even came out and 4.2 has been out for months. Not sure why this released with that version.

I'd say that's all I can think of off the top of my head. After using it for a week these things became a lot more apparent.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Dont know wherr you guys are getting the hotness from! I play a game called shadowgun almost every night for a good half hour and it is a VERY processor intensive high graphics online 3rd person shooter and i would say my phone gets MILDLY warm. i can still hold it and it feels very nice in the hands when it is warm. Never had it get hot but @bigtnew maybe its just on LTE? dont have any LTE coverage where i am so maybe thats the issue

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
apps like facebook and words with friends feel very sluggish, compared to iphone 5

That isn't the One's fault, its the developers. They do as little work porting their iPhone app to Android as they can get away with, and that leads to less than ideal Android apps.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
My only serious dislike, is the frame rate for night video recording. The exposure is good, but the frame rate drops a lot. Not a deal breaker and the positive attributes of the camera more than make up for it IMO.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana