Why does the battery die so fast?!

DanX47

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I got my phone yesterday and the I let it die out before charging it back up and today is ny second day of use and I used it for 30 minutes of Pandora working out and then went to work from 4-10 barely using it for only a couple texts and light use and my battery is at 50%.

What is wrong? I have no apps running either.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It's good to see that Android owners have much the same concerns as iPhone owners. :D

Yeah battery life is always an active topic. But there are things you can do to help. I'm on 15 hours right now since last on a charger with 4 hours onscreen and 31% percent left. Check out that thread and the tips there. Also check out wakelock detector app so you can see what's preventing your phone from sleeping. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't have that much of a problem with the battery life. But I do have a problem with how quickly, or rather NOT quickly the phone is charging. Takes like 10-15 min to go up 1-2 %. Does anyone have a suggestion. Faulty phone? Or is this just related to simply not being the strong point of The One.

Thanks

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Mine charges pretty quickly are you charging your phone using usb or ac. And make sure the phone displays ac if your using that.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am actually not thatbgood with ths stuff so I will describe
I am using a long 6' micro usb (phone) to usb where it is plugged into a dual a/c adaptor is that right ? Got it from Newtrent a reputable external battery company same as the one that comes with the phone but with 2 inputs it says 10v

Thanks I hope you or someone is able to help me
Eric

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I am actually not thatbgood with ths stuff so I will describe
I am using a long 6' micro usb (phone) to usb where it is plugged into a dual a/c adaptor is that right ? Got it from Newtrent a reputable external battery company same as the one that comes with the phone but with 2 inputs it says 10v

Thanks I hope you or someone is able to help me
Eric

Not sure if your Newtrent has (2) 1 amp USB Ports, or a 1 amp and a 2.1 amp. If it has a .5 amp, that's old news, get a new charger. If 2.1 is an option, plug the USB cord into that and it will charge the phone about as fast as anything can. HTC disabled a "quick charge" feature on the Qualcomm chipset as that feature would have worn out the battery quicker and with the battery being non-replaceable, it would have been a disaster for many first adopters approx. 12-18 months from now. By making it charge slowly, it will last 24-36 months and by then most folks will have gotten a new phone. On the H1, charging from 0% to 100% can take anywhere from 3 - 4 hours. Always use the wall charger; 2.1 amps; a short cord, preferably three feet (I've confirmed in the past that the longer the cord, the longer the charge time -- at least for me); and, if you can, turn the phone off and don't use it. You should have to do that, but that's the quickest way to charge it. Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze