Is the LED Notification light on the One customizable?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Not too sure about Lightflow, but you can customize what applications have access to the LED notification light in settings. Sadly, you can't change the color of the LED.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad a flashing, small, light defines a phone for you.
Inability to easily see Notifications (with more than 3 colors) while my screen is off during meetings might not matter for your everyday uses but it's a big problem for me, simple as that.

I get more or less 5 phones per year - I'm still deciding on the S4 or One & will likely choose the One. However, without customizable LED it won't be able to be my primary device, just the one I use at home.

Last edited:

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
and what would be your primary phone then if the ONE is at home ? Just curious

Currently my primary is the N4 & I keep the Z10 (which also leaves something to be desired in terms of LED) in my pocket, so I'll likely leave the Z10 home when I get the One or S4.

eightdown

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So does this mean there is no way to extend the duration of the LED flashing either? It only flashes for a few minutes. It makes more sense to flash until i've cleared my notification...

ledfrog

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Inability to easily see Notifications (with more than 3 colors) while my screen is off during meetings might not matter for your everyday uses but it's a big problem for me, simple as that.

You can't just wait until your meetings are over and then open the phone to see all your alerts at one time?

tanaks

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Lanhoj. The ability to see if you have a twitter message , voicemail or whatsapp message waiting with a different colour light is invaluable. The S4 is great for this. The htc one is such a great phone but without this feature I can't put it in first place.