Screen test - Htc one/s3/xperia/iphone

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I was in my sisters house earlier and left very disappointed, heres why... First off she noticed i had a new phone and asked for a look, Of course i was happy to hand it over, I played her a movie trailer in hd and surprisingly she did not seem impressed by the screen nor the sound in any way what so ever, Then whilst taking out her s3 (which is what i previously owned) i was looking at some images and i gotta be honest, It kinda made me miss my s3! So many people LOVE the screen on the htc one and it is a great screen BUT iam not so sure its better then the s3 (and i imagine the s4 is better)

And heres where the title of this thread comes in, I just looked up a screen comparison test on youtube and it seems iam right, Ar least in my view anyway, The vibrancy of the s3 screen and the colors in general just make it 'nicer' to look at!! Does anyone else agree??

Here is the video btw

HTC ONE Screen Comparison Vs Sony Xperia Z, Galaxy S3, iPhone5 Test/Review - YouTube

cyanogen123

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
The colour reproduction on super amoled is not as accurate and with the s3 and s4 in particular you also have to deal with the horrible pentile technology. Amoleds have a lot of difficulty reproducing whites accurately in particular and it is common for them to be off colour. The viewing angles are also worse and they suffer from that terrible screen burn in problem that samsung refuses to take responsibility for. Pentile amoleds are cheaper to manufacture than super LCD thats why samsung uses it. The only real advantage that it has over LCD is how deep the blacks are and the power savings with a mostly black screen.

Overall I find amoled is inferior technology that uses over saturated colours to wow people right off the bat but don't offer much more than that.

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I was in my sisters house earlier and left very disappointed, heres why... First off she noticed i had a new phone and asked for a look, Of course i was happy to hand it over, I played her a movie trailer in hd and surprisingly she did not seem impressed by the screen nor the sound in any way what so ever, Then whilst taking out her s3 (which is what i previously owned) i was looking at some images and i gotta be honest, It kinda made me miss my s3! So many people LOVE the screen on the htc one and it is a great screen BUT iam not so sure its better then the s3 (and i imagine the s4 is better)

And heres where the title of this thread comes in, I just looked up a screen comparison test on youtube and it seems iam right, Ar least in my view anyway, The vibrancy of the s3 screen and the colors in general just make it 'nicer' to look at!! Does anyone else agree??

Here is the video btw

HTC ONE Screen Comparison Vs Sony Xperia Z, Galaxy S3, iPhone5 Test/Review - YouTube

For me personally I have no need to compare. I have the One because I loved it & still do for that matter. I'm not gonna run around comparing it to everything out there, our latest such and such. As fast as this technology moves, it's sorta like a dog going in circles chasing his tail. What's awesome today, will be not so awesome in 2 or 3 months.
Just saying....lol

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
For me personally I have no need to compare. I have the One because I loved it & still do for that matter. I'm not gonna run around comparing it to everything out there, our latest such and such. As fast as this technology moves, it's sorta like a dog going in circles chasing his tail. What's awesome today, will be not so awesome in 2 or 3 months.
Just saying....lol

Very true i guess

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

Here is the video btw

Just watched the first portion and the big flaw here is setting all screens to full brightness. The HTC is too bright and needs to be turned down. Also, I find it difficult to compare displays with quite amateur videos. Reminds me of TV ads trying to show how nice a TV display looks. LOL, they never look better than the display on which the ad is being played.

I will go back and skim this review, but from the outset, not very promising methodology.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
This come down to preference,as a DNA owner and work outside all day i need a good clear visible screen,something in my opinion that at least the s3/note2 cannot deliver,some people prefer a dim oversaturated screen,but not for me,i am pretty sure the One though not as big as my DNA has the same excellent screen.

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Everyone's eyes see something different, but there's no way you look at the following image and tell me that either the S3 or S4 are superior to the H1. The Xperia is close, but the H1 beats the other four without question or hesitation. The Galaxy screens are oversaturated, like dunking a Twinkie in a vat of butter and then deep-frying it. The H1 has crisp, clean colors, true colors, and brighter whites. Enjoy.

display-test.jpg

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you like. I'm not a fan of the over saturated colors on Amoled. There are places where it works and looks great. But it very often feels cartoonish and unrealistic to me. This is definitely a place where different people will value different things.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Yea...I agree. Most ppl that like Amoled screens will probably agree too. It is what it is... I agree with an earlier post that its all preference.

These newer LCD screens looks like the blacks are getting better....but contrast seems to still be better on Amoled . Over saturated, vibrant.... I used to call Amoled screens over saturated. Now that I am a fan, and probably wont go back to an LCD screen...I call them vibrant. But yea...just looking at the clip you posted...the GS3 seems the best overall.

This clip does not help for those saying the One has the best screen. Thats why best is always gonna be subjective, opinion. No matter what the facts of the technology are. I knew when I had my Rezound and compared it to my RAZR that Amoled screens are good screens, just depends on what you like or want more. I used to judge Amoled by negative user posts and clips online. Seeing both screen technologies in person is always the best thing to do.

These screens have come a long way since the GS 1 and iPhone 4. Back then I didnt like Amoled screens...but I do now. They have gotten better.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea...I agree. Most ppl that like Amoled screens will probably agree too. It is what it is... I agree with an earlier post that its all preference.

These newer LCD screens looks like the blacks are getting better....but contrast seems to still be better on Amoled . Over saturated, vibrant.... I used to call Amoled screens over saturated. Now that I am a fan, and probably wont go back to an LCD screen...I call them vibrant. But yea...just looking at the clip you posted...the GS3 seems the best overall.

This clip does not help for those saying the One has the best screen. Thats why best is always gonna be subjective, opinion. No matter what the facts of the technology are. I knew when I had my Rezound and compared it to my RAZR that Amoled screens are good screens, just depends on what you like or want more. I used to judge Amoled by negative user posts and clips online. Seeing both screen technologies in person is always the best thing to do.

These screens have come a long way since the GS 1 and iPhone 4. Back then I didnt like Amoled screens...but I do now. They have gotten better.

The only thing I can conclude from the clip is that if you turn brightness all the way up the HTC is too bright for the conditions as filmed and the S4 was not too bright.

That would seem to me a point in the HTC favor - you don't have to run at full brightness. Otherwise, for the guy to keep going on about the HTC is too bright and washed out but continuing to look at it at full brightness is either intentional to make the s4 look better or just plain stupidity.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12