iPhone 5 vs HTC one battery!

remjenkins

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I currently am using a GS3 and the battery isn't very good. I get like 8 hours on average. Was looking at the One and iPhone 5 but I need to know I'm not going to be sitting in the same boat when it comes to batt life. So anyone coming from a GS3 or iphone5? If so, how is the battery?

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I know the iPhone 5 has more features then my 4S (iPhone 5 is said to have better battery life then the 4S) but this is what i can get on a normal day. Spotify, Text, light calls, 3G 65% of the day, web ,email, games and few apps. I'm a power-user as well. Nothing against android but the 4s just meets my need for now. I've owned many androids and will after my iphone but right now i just need a well rounded phone.
securedownload.png

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The battery on the iPhone 5 is very good IMO. Better than all my previous iPhones, Galaxy Nexus, and Nexus 4 at least.

I'm also curious about HTC One battery life.

Here is one of my usage pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.PNG
    IMG_0150.PNG
    107.1 KB · Views: 62

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I made the switch from an s3 and i would say the battery life is on par at the very least, maybe even a little better but i wouldnt say your gonna notice a big difference if u switch from s3 to htc one, I have all settings on the htc one the same as the s3 except for brightness which i always had at full on the s3 and have on auto on the htc and iam probably averaging 5-6 hours of screen on time before my battery is close to dying, Iphone5 though would be the phone for you if battery life is the most important thing to you

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Same here. With power saver on I think it's actually even better.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

That's why I put the slightly better part. Power saver actually takes nothing away from the phone, beside making the screen a bit lower in brightness, and makes it last quite a bit longer.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
That's why I put the slightly better part. Power saver actually takes nothing away from the phone, beside making the screen a bit lower in brightness, and makes it last quite a bit longer.

Is there any way to have power saver on without the ugly icon showing in the notification bar??

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
It is going to be difficult to have battery life on par with the iPhone 5 unless you have a huge battery like in the Maxxx HD or Note 2. Android devices do so much work in the background, which tends to drain the battery. The iPhone really doesn't do that. Plus, powering such a big screen takes a lot of juice.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 5 gets much better battery life than my One, and it recharges very quickly. The One has several other advantages, but if battery is the deal breaker I would suggest you go with the iPhone.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. The real consideration here is the amount of time it takes to recharge each phone. My iPhone 5 fully charges in a little over an hour, but my One takes over three hours to charge.

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about the iPhone but my battery life is great.

duze8e2u.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the iPhone but my battery life is great.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/28/duze8e2u.jpg

Not trying to be rude but any phone has great battery in standby mode. You can see you've only had the screen on 6 times in 10 hours that doesn't mean it has good everyday use just good standby.

Are you using the One? looks like the Evo LTE

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to be rude but any phone has great battery in standby mode. You can see you've only had the screen on 6 times in 10 hours that doesn't mean it has good everyday use just good standby.

Are you using the One? looks like the Evo LTE

Yes I'm certain this is from my One, not my Evo. Here are a couple more that were taken before I changed my screen brightness to auto, removed some unnecessary syncing from apps, and enabled power saver.

7u6unedy.jpg

9esa4ysu.jpg

I am usually quite busy at work so I primarily check for texts or sometimes take a couple pictures to document things....we'll have to see what a day looks like when I'm not at work (if I ever get a day off :-\ )

jrasero23

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Both are great phones so good luck either way. I just went from a Verizon iPhone 5 to a HTC One. On Verizon LTE both phones are equal. With bt, gps, auto sync off and auto brightness and WiFi on where possible both phones for me in NYC city made it from 7:00am to 7:00pm with about 20%-30% left. Both get 4-5 hours screen time again with 20%-30% left. I would say I an a moderate user, during my 45-60 minute commute I would read some pulse articles, listen to music, play temple run, surf the web. Then during the day on facebook occasionally, do a few texts, take pictures, and send a few emails, the on my way home do the same as my morning commute. I have heard complaints about both phones in certain circumstances getting better battery or much worse. I will say the iPhone does charge much much faster compared to the one, the one takes 4-6 hours maybe? So for me it came Down to os and screen size which with the one I find greatly superior. Four inches for a screen isn't bad but reading articles or watching movies is much better with a 4.7" screen in 1080p and with superior speaker and audio quality, but the iPhone has better apps and is just is so easy to use. So in the end battery really shouldnt be an issue unless you are a power user so really it's if you like android or iOS or 4" or 4.7"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss