Disabling startup/boot sound

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to do this? I've searched the settings and didn't find anything. I also tried Silent Boot from the Play Store and that didn't work either. What am I missing?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Silent Boot isn't working for me. Also tried it with "extended mode" enabled. Phone is as loud as ever on startup!

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
HTC has managed to completely override the system volume controls. Normally you could use the app Quick Settings by developer halfbit to put the system sounds volume to zero. This would turn off the startup sound and the camera shutter sound. However on the M7, this seems to be totally locked down. As soon as you change it in the app, it goes right back to the default. Irritating. Granted, it's less noisy than my HTC Magic+ was (screamingly loud while the startup screen reads, "Quietly Brilliant"), but it should be turnoffable. That's a word now.

michko

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to do this? I've searched the settings and didn't find anything. I also tried Silent Boot from the Play Store and that didn't work either. What am I missing?

Works well for me as well. This is the only box i had to check off.....

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367952273025.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367952273025.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 55

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe my Sprint One has a bootup sound. It vibrates briefly, regardless of volume setting, but that's it.

Same here, on Sprint. I remember the loud sound it made when I turned it on for the first time, but it hasn't made it since. Weird...

David Hyams

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Silent boot worked for me, but only briefly. Unfortunately corporate policy states that I have to enable encryption on my phone. After doing this silent boot stops working. Even worse, the loud and very annoying boot sound occurs not once, but twice! The first time on initial boot and the second time after entering the encryption password.
Any ideas how to disable the sound again? (other then finding another employer :-(

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Silent boot worked for me, but only briefly. Unfortunately corporate policy states that I have to enable encryption on my phone. After doing this silent boot stops working. Even worse, the loud and very annoying boot sound occurs not once, but twice! The first time on initial boot and the second time after entering the encryption password.
Any ideas how to disable the sound again? (other then finding another employer :-(

You got a HTC one as a work phone? That is a company I want to work for...

David Hyams

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Not quite. I bought a new phone and the company kindly pays part of it. The downside is that I'm more-or-less permanently reachable by email + phone

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have AT&T. I have to have volume off before boot up or the sounds play.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

cbut

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Disabling startup/boot sound - WORKED!

Silent Boot was the answer for my HTC One X plus. (Android 4.2.2)
I had to turn Fast Boot option off for it to work.
(Settings...Power...Fast boot )

Thank you all!