Some what new to Andriod, what is the difference between stock email app and gmail client

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

So I got my HTC one on launch day, it's brilliant, I swore I would never go Android again after owing an S2 , but HTC has done an amazing job with not on the hardware e but the over all UI in general and I must say Android is looking and feeling great on this device.

So as my title suggests, we have the stock email client which is capable of gmail, yahoo, active sync and more and then also have the native gmail client, so I am curious about the benefits of ones versus the other.

Is there a reason to use the native gmail client or should I just use the stock apps?

I will say, I am really impressed with the quality of HTCs native apps for the device.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For Gmail, the native app for that is really the best. For Active Sync (Exchange) you've got no choice but the default app (unless you pay for 3rd party). Thankfully, the default mail app on the One is really quite good. It's the best I've tried for exchange yet including some 3rd party. I like to keep my work and personal accounts separate and I'm a Gmail and Exchange user, so the combination of the two works perfectly for me.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info,

The issue I am finding is that my work email is google apps, I was able to get them on the iPhone5 with out issue since the native gmail app does a web login and then sets a cookie, however on Android I am having a major issue as it required google padlock manager, and for some reason it is blocking my account. It could be a set up issue but I work in a very large enterprise and getting device support for email is next to impossible unless your using a BB.

I am still trying to find a way to do this the same way I was with the iPhone but so far it's not working. I can log in with exchange but when I go to finalize my setup it refuses the account even though it will log in through the process.

I have not given up as of yet, but its a bit more complex on the android side than it was for the iPhone. The odd thing is that I can create a google account with the web login feature on android but I guess it won't set he cookie the same way iOS handles it.

Looking for advice I guess :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol