Hide Keyboard

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I am new to the forum and brand new to Android. I returned my second BlackBerry Z10 a few days ago and I can say without doubt I will never return after being the most loyal BB customer for almost ten years and many different models.

In any case my problem is with hiding my keyboard on the brand new HTC One I picked up. I have the four arrow keys showing and having scoured through this forum before posting. Pushing or holding the back button does NOT work for me. No matter what I have tried in settings or swiping, gesturing, etc nothing has succeeded in hiding the keyboard.

Any suggestions?

Thank you kindly. And switching to Android feels like a complete rebirth and total liberation. Seriously.

Rogers LTE
Jelly Bean 4.12

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That's interesting because the back button works for me to make it go away. I'd like to see what others say.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Clearly I am not a developer nor am I savvy in how to debug. I have never been able to hide the keyboard since buying the phone a couple days ago and have restarted a few times, with fast reboot turned OFF, and wonder if I have a corrupt file/code.

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I can not believe it but after a couple more reboots and a good spit/shine of the touch screen/screen protector....it works. I was very assertive in my "press" and it worked. Whew.

<blush>

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Ya screen protectors are not playing nicely with this phone from what i'm seeing in other threads, I personally don't use one, gorilla glass is pretty good as long as you don't keep it in your pocket with other things.... On a side note Swiftkey is an awesome predictive keyboard you may want to try and it has a down swipe gesture to hide keyboard

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I will give Swiftkey a whirl. Thanks.
Yeah my phone sits in my pant pocket and my mickey pocket as I work..it's the stock screen protector from Otterbox and I have an iShieldz ready for when this one starts to peel.