Worth leaving VZW to get an HTC One?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Ive been a VZW customer since they were Bell Atlantic in the 90's.
Love their service but this whole "last to market with the latest phones" thing is starting to get old, and frustrating.

I know they will eventually get it but would you consider another carrier (in NYC) in order to not have to deal with this furstration any longer.

Interested in hearing other's thoughts.

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
That depends on you. Some people chase the newest phones and some people want good service, not saying that all the other carriers dont have good service but the BIG V is suppose to be #1. I -love my HTC One and to me it would be worth the switch. I just switched to T-Mobile and havent had any problemms from them at all.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
That depends on you. Some people chase the newest phones and some people want good service, not saying that all the other carriers dont have good service but the BIG V is suppose to be #1. I -love my HTC One and to me it would be worth the switch. I just switched to T-Mobile and havent had any problemms from them at all.

You switched from VZW?
Do you know what the second best carrier is supposed to be?

jimlloyd40

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
IMO yes. I just switched to T-Mo and the plan is about half the price. Also in Phoenix I am getting anywhere from 10 to 35 mbs down. Hardly any carrier bloatware also.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I have sprint and love it.. Speeds are really fast every where I am.. Depends where you live though.. I think that at&t is great also..

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Come to Sprint. We can do this together and get 25 bucks off our bill because of the referral program. Besides, Sprint in my area (rural central Florida) is pretty darn good.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Go tmobile. I did, and I don't regret it at all. My speeds are around the same as Verizon's, without having tmobile LTE. I also can buy another device if I want to without having to pay full price up front.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I left Verizon and my grandfathered unlimited data plan for AT&T and the HTC One... I was out of contract anyway and didnt want to wait. For me, it was worth the switch..I did lose a company discount off my bill and their 4G (which netted me around 12-22mb) download speeds..but with AT&T where I am...im rocking 57mb down and 12mb up lol..I just have to watch my data consumption alittle now :eek:

Sprint is touch and go depending on city..as with every carrier..Here just outside Milwaukee...4G isnt even existent and 3g is very VERY laughable...and thats being nice!!

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I left Verizon and my grandfathered unlimited data plan for AT&T and the HTC One... I was out of contract anyway and didnt want to wait. For me, it was worth the switch..I did lose a company discount off my bill and their 4G (which netted me around 12-22mb) download speeds..but with AT&T where I am...im rocking 57mb down and 12mb up lol..I just have to watch my data consumption alittle now :eek:

Sprint is touch and go depending on city..as with every carrier..Here just outside Milwaukee...4G isnt even existent and 3g is very VERY laughable...and thats being nice!!

Are you in NYC?
I hear ATT is spotty here.

Who has the 2nd largest 4g network? Is it ATT?

Regardless of where I go, I will be dropping my Blackberry, which automatically costs me 50+ per month due to Enterprise Server costs.
If i move to a cheaper carrier as well, I could save a significant amount of money per month.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is last to the market but they also come out with devices in the fall that no one else gets. It's really up to you to decide if a phone is worth switching carriers. There are people on every network talking negatively about their carriers device lineup at some point during the year. So again, it's up to you based on your priorities.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
It all depends on the reception in your area. If ATT has good reception In your area, then it may be worth it. If the reception is not good then stay where you are. Always go for reception first then phone. IMHO

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I left Sprint and went with AT&T for two reasons: (1) Where I live (Seattle area) there is no Sprint 4G LTE service and Sprint kept telling me, "... you'll have LTE at the end of the year" for two years straight, (2) I really liked the HTC One and wanted to get it. I did my research, and AT&T did have excellent 4G and 4G LTE coverage for all of Seattle, which made my decision pretty easy. I did need to pay a $150 ETF, but it was definitely worth it to get the higher data speeds.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if I would leave a company because they are not getting a specific phone. Now I would leave a company due to service( sprint) or asinine policies ( Verizon ). But that's just me honestly I'm almost ready to leave Sprint due to their spotty lte service. Kinda sucks being in an lte are 1 mile away from a sprint tower and dropping down to 3g when you try to do something using data( for instance I was trying to download Pandora Tuesday of last week up until I hit the download button I had a solid lte connection. As soon as I hit download my phone dropped down to 3g and took approximately 10 minutes to download the app. All while in an lte area) oh and I've had that situation with a s3 note 2 evo lte and LG optimus g so I'm pretty sure it's not the phones fault.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I left Verizon today and got the one. 4 years with vzw. Switched to tmo. Not just for the one, but their policies and prices.

Their policies suck, but Verizon for me is way cheaper for my uses. Once factoring $15 per line subsidy, I am paying $65 for 5 lines of service with one line of unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE and one regular smartphone line. Tmo would run me $210.tmo certainly offers more, but for stuff I don't use.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699