Resizing Widgets

DQSooner

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm a recent iPhone 5 convert and loving my new HTC One so far...the only thing I really miss still is the calendar app having the actual date on its icon. I use Calengoo and they have a widget that shows the correct date but here is my problem. I use Nova as my launcher and increased the size of all my icons to 130% to make them a little bigger. When I add the Calengoo widget, it looks pretty tiny by comparison because it is still at the normal 1x1 size. Is there a way to increase the size of that widget to match the other icons? I know how to resize widgets from 1x1 to 2x1 and etc but I just need to be able to change how the launcher (or widget) interprets the 1x1 size widgets. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks so much!

David

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I only tried Nova very briefly on my One but it is the permanent launcher on my tablet and on there a press and hold on a widget pops up a options box saying remove or resize, resize then gives you anchor points to drag the widget to your desired size. Note that not all widgets like being resized and might not format properly but that's just down to how the developers make them.

DQSooner

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
MC,

Thanks for the reply...unless I am understanding it wrong (which is entirely possible), resizing widgets using Nova only lets you expand them to another standard widget size (going from a 1x1 to a 2x1, etc.) All I am looking to do is increase the 1x1 widget (maintaining that 1x1 ratio) to make it fit with the larger (130%) icons. I tried the press and hold on the Calengoo widget and it just lets you "stretch" it to a larger (standard) widget size....

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
MC,

Thanks for the reply...unless I am understanding it wrong (which is entirely possible), resizing widgets using Nova only lets you expand them to another standard widget size (going from a 1x1 to a 2x1, etc.) All I am looking to do is increase the 1x1 widget (maintaining that 1x1 ratio) to make it fit with the larger (130%) icons. I tried the press and hold on the Calengoo widget and it just lets you "stretch" it to a larger (standard) widget size....

Try smooth calendar widget and see if it helps you.

DQSooner

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Scorpiod,

That got close but still not what I'm hoping for....when I added that widget to my homescreen it was a 4x1. I then resized it to be a 1x1 which left only today's date and I thought it was going to work but it still doesn't line up correctly with the other icons. It is soooo close though. I attached a screen shot so you can see what I am talking about with it not quite aligning...may just have to learn to live with it.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Really appreciate it and people being willing to help on this board!

David

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-29-11-15-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-29-11-15-26.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 22

DQSooner

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
OK, I found a solution that seems to work well and I'm not sure why I didn't think of it earlier...also lets the Calendoo widget work perfectly...I just moved it into my dock instead of a spot on the screen....it's a close enough match in size there that it looks fine to me. I only mention it in case someone is reading this later looking for a similar solution....thanks again for the suggestions!

David

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I see what you are trying to do now, the problem you have is that you have upscaled your icons but a widget is a different kettle of fish so the two aren't sitting well together. Glad you managed to find a workaround though.

Am still baffled by the fact that people switch from ios to android because of its massive scope for customization, and then make it look like an iphone, Lol!!!

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Am still baffled by the fact that people switch from ios to android because of its massive scope for customization, and then make it look like an iphone, Lol!!!

Agreed. It ranks right up there with vegetarian burgers. I just can't wrap my mind around the reasoning.

hf0359

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
...Just because, esthetically, iphone icons are...nicer
and the layout is too...
:)
simply that!
I'm trying to do something similar and it's taking me ages to achieve a similar level (esthetically that is) to what apple offers!!

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
...Just because, esthetically, iphone icons are...nicer
and the layout is too...
:)
simply that!
I'm trying to do something similar and it's taking me ages to achieve a similar level (esthetically that is) to what apple offers!!

Root and Rom. MIUI check it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781