Why hasn't HTC hired a new marketing team?

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm watching TV and keep seeing the same damn commercial for the HTC One.
This commercial (with an American accent) has been plaguing my viewing experience. I mean, I love my HTC One and it bugs me that the marketing team can't find something better than boomsound to talk about in 30 seconds. Samsung destroys the market with their superior advertising, especially when they took cracks at Apple, but HTC is slacking HARD. Why can't they talk about the power of the device some more, or sense, or the camera, or the amazing display, instead they insist on boomsound. I don't know if the advertising is the same for you guys where you live, but here on the East Coast of the USA it is getting no light.

Mexico619

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I actually think the commercial makes a good point, mentioning what the competition lacks what the htc one has. The commercial is slightly different then what I'm seeing here in Kansas since at the end it says htc one, everything your phone isn't.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I actually think the commercial makes a good point, mentioning what the competition lacks what the htc one has. The commercial is slightly different then what I'm seeing here in Kansas since at the end it says htc one, everything your phone isn't.

Yeah it says "HTC One, everything your phone..isn't" in the commercials here too but they don't SHOW it at all. The point of a commercial is to visually stimulate and capture the attention of the audience not just run a slogan. It seriously shows nothing else but boomsound, is boomsound going to sell the HTC One alone? No. The One is outstanding in it's amount of ram, cpu, sense ui, camera, and many other, more practical, uses than stereo speakers that you're probably going rarely use in public since most people just rock headphones. HTC will likely kill themselves if they keep this route of horrible advertising.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If you think htc has no marketing team then may you at least Google something.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
As an advertising major, I see nothing wrong with their approach. They're focusing on a competitive advantage. As tech heads we care a lot about quad core processors and ui skins, but the general consumer doesn't.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
They need to make ads that simply show all the phones features, not just one ad.

That wouldn't work. They're focusing on key features, like boomsound and the camera. Those are things people actually care about. They'll fill in the blanks when they go to Htcs site after seeing the ad.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I never said they didn't have a marketing team, I'm just saying their team is doing a poor job of advertising.

They're not really. Boomsound is a key differentiating feature of the one. It's also something people will see and say 'why hasn't anyone thought of that before?' and drive traffic to HTCs site for more info. If you're here, the ad isn't directed towards you. I've also seen several other ads that are quite effective.

Also, compared to the past, the campaign for the One has been aggressive and high quality.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
That wouldn't work. They're focusing on key features, like boomsound and the camera. Those are things people actually care about. They'll fill in the blanks when they go to Htcs site after seeing the ad.

The public is not going buy that ultra pixel gimmick.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The public is not going buy that ultra pixel gimmick.

It isn't a gimmick. Go look at the comparison shots between the S4 and others and the One in low light settings. (here's a hint: the one wipes the floor of everyone except the Lumia 920)

kzibart

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't watch TV advertising, but I saw this ad when I went to see Oblivion when it came out and I immediately thought it was the kind of ad that would get people interested in the phone. There was also this Snapdragon ad that showed the HTC One at the end. I think maybe Sprint added that endorsement, but it was neat to see my phone on the big screen twice. It made me really think this phone had a fighting chance.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Why do we care really how they chose to market? We have the phone now so they reached us. Word of mouth is the best form of advertisement. I don't personally feel the need to own the most popular phone or best selling phone.. Just seems people get ocd about worrying about too many things that are out of our control.. I'm so happy I have a phone that works pretty much flawlessly

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
It isn't a gimmick. Go look at the comparison shots between the S4 and others and the One in low light settings. (here's a hint: the one wipes the floor of everyone except the Lumia 920)

But then it suffers outdoors.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
They need to make ads that simply show all the phones features, not just one ad.

I agree that I would like to see more features advertised but no one advertises them ALL. That's just not realistic. Have you seen the best buy one where the girl is talking about blinkfeed? I mean at the end of the day, besides blinkfeed and boomsound speakers what does the one have that other phones don't that the general public care about? Not much and that's why the focus is here for now. I mean you don't want to get into a feature war with apple and Samsung because we see all the "features" Samsung unveiled for the S4 and we know apple is the king of taking something basic and making it look extraordinary. So for now, I'm content. But I understand what you mean.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It's working. I've had several people refer to it as "that speaker phone" the other comment was "the all metal phone"
So the new VP of marketing they brought in a few months ago is working

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've seen HTC marketing all over the playoffs and espn... So that's good in my terms... Into Samsung kicks into high gear they probably will around nba finals when the world is watching

Sent from my S4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane