Google Now notifications

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok i have been beating my head on the wall. I have a N4 and my wife just got the One. I have been up and down her settings and was wondering if the One shows the notifications from GNow? Like traffic to her work (which was set up already.) I am wondering because shes a huge baseball fan and we entered her favorite team onto the gnow settings.

I know on my N4 i get notifications. Also, can one select the jelly bean lock screen?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
yes, it will show notification from Google now. but first open and set Google now.

ONE is Android 4.1.2 so you wont get lockscreen(I assume thats what you asked for) for now

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine does, but I think it needs to learn so the more you use it the more it shows you...long press home to make google now come up and after a bit it will show you automatically

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Does Google Now ever give you package tracking? I still haven't found much use for Google Now. I read that it gets data through your emails and will bring up things like flight info. I would think that it would bring up package tracking if it sees a UPS or Fedex tracking number.

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Does Google Now ever give you package tracking? I still haven't found much use for Google Now. I read that it gets data through your emails and will bring up things like flight info. I would think that it would bring up package tracking if it sees a UPS or Fedex tracking number.
It's supposed to if you have that card turned on....

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I get notifications in the drop down bar, also have a widget that shows more things like peoples birthdays, sports scores, etc. Package tracking seems to work if I get an email with a tracking number.

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Yes, but only for Gmail as that's the only source Google has access to scrape the data from. Works great though! I order a ton from Amazon and Ebay, so always see my tracking info in Now.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Do we actually have to turn the card on? I didn't see any option for that in the settings. The emails with the tracking numbers I'm waiting on went to my Yahoo account. I wonder if I forward to my gmail account if it will show up. I'm going to give it a try.

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Do we actually have to turn the card on? I didn't see any option for that in the settings. The emails with the tracking numbers I'm waiting on went to my Yahoo account. I wonder if I forward to my gmail account if it will show up. I'm going to give it a try.

I don't think you have to turn it on, but you can add cards and customize them. For example, I removed Warriors from my sports card as I don't like Basketball.

I'd be really interested in your results as I do all my shopping via another account.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you have to turn it on, but you can add cards and customize them. For example, I removed Warriors from my sports card as I don't like Basketball.

I'd be really interested in your results as I do all my shopping via another account.

I forwarded my tracking email along with some other travel related emails (plane ticket and hotel confirmations for June) last night. Still nothing in Google Now. I'll update if it suddenly shows up in the future.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Go to Google Now

Then settings.

The first setting is "ALL CARDS"

Make sure that is turned on.

Then tap it to list all the possible cards and make sure the ones you want are turned on.

I have to say that I haven't been all that impressed with what it does so far. I suppose if you are traveling a lot or following more teams it may be more useful.

Package tracking is nice, but I haven't seen it yet. Haven't had any packages since getting the one. But I have a tablet on 4.2.2 and I don't recall ever getting a package track on that either, but I may just not have looked.

I would like to get it to scrape more news or items I have searched but it only does it rarely. I don't know if there is a way to force it to do more - like with alerts or something.......

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Google Now is still very limited as far as information it can access at the moment so it will be very underwhelming for most people.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine scared me it was so smart. To show off to my friend, I did a voice search: "What's the score of the Mets game?" It told me the score. The next day I got a card telling me about the next Mets game. The Mets were automatically listed as a favorite team in Google now settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv