Dropped my new HTC One on concrete from waist high height...

lldsandsll

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Twice actually. Well, once was on a hardwood floor. Anyway, it just kinda bounced. I have a very slight scuff on the bezel in one corner, but that's it. Of course I noticed it, and it irritates me that I did that, but no one else would. So, I guess these bad boys are a bit durable. I'm not surprised. I dropped my Evo3D a dozen times on hard surfaces and all I ended up with was some slight bezel damage.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there will be requests for photos but I agree. I'm not too worried about the durability of this phone. If I do have a catastrophic drop that's what I pay insurance for.

lldsandsll

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i guess i have tons of luck. i've dropped every HTC phone i've owned on concrete, and not one broke or shattered. i had a hero, an evo, an evo 3D, and now this. also, i do have the insurance.

lldsandsll

May 17, 2010
Visit site
if i had another camera, i'd show you. imagine a pin head sized ding in the bottom right, front and rear corner. that is literally all.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have had bad luck with phones broke the screen on my dinc2 by dropping it from waist hight onto concrete. Shattered the back glass on my LG optimus g the same way

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Twice actually. Well, once was on a hardwood floor. Anyway, it just kinda bounced. I have a very slight scuff on the bezel in one corner, but that's it. Of course I noticed it, and it irritates me that I did that, but no one else would. So, I guess these bad boys are a bit durable. I'm not surprised. I dropped my Evo3D a dozen times on hard surfaces and all I ended up with was some slight bezel damage.

Can you check your camera lens? Evidently someone on XDA didn't even drop it, and the lens broke. I am just curious. Congrats on not breaking the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463