Possible Youtube Audio Fix

Indecisive

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
So,

I contacted HTC about the youtube sound issue a bunch of people have been having with it popping and whatnot. It seems to have fixed it for me. I'm still testing, but would appreciate someone else giving it a try.

Make sure the potion for fast boot it is not enable, to check this go to menu > settings > Battery > Fast Boot, make sure this option is disable, that it is uncheck.

You will need to have the phone in the Recovery screen, to get there, with the device powered off press and hold the Volume Down then briefly press the Power button, you will see the android logo and wait until you see a menu > Navigate to ?Recovery? using volume buttons > then press power to select > wait until you see an icon of a phone with an exclamation mark and a triangle, as soon as you see it, press and hold volume up then press the power button > Navigate to ?Wipe Cache? > Navigate to ?Reboot Phone?

The dudes English is poor, but hes basically saying wipe the cache partition after disabling fast boot.

//edit// disregard, issue remains. the reset took youtube out of high quality on mobile mode, which appears to lessen the problem.

Last edited:

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What cache would that be clearing exactly? The whole phone or the sound setting?

Posted via Android Central App

Indecisive

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
The whole phone. When flashing third party roms it often clears any wonkyness, so I can kind of see it actually working. It doesn't erase anything though, except maybe widget placement.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had one problem with audio on YouTube or the phone in general so don't have a need to fix anything or else I would try it

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Indecisive

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I edited my original post, it doesn't work. The tech I was working with just kinda shrugged and said get a new one.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Of course it doesn't... The problem seems to be with EQ settings that "Beats" thingie applies when enabled - it exaggerates certain frequencies so much that they cause momentary distortion with the way the sound is encoded on YouTube (YouTube does their own adjustments to some frequencies during audio encoding). Doesn't happen with all videos, though. Anyway, I'm sure HTC can adjust the Beats settings with next patch...

Yeah, the popping is hit and miss with vids on you tube. I chalked it up to just streaming HD but now I think your right. It's just audio encoding during the streaming process. Nothing to worry about folks! It's a software issue that can be taken care of via a software update sometime early 2014.

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
This is definitely a Beats issue. My laptop has Beats integrated and has started crackling once in a while as well while on the 'tube.