Swype vs SwiftKey

Sterling147

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
They have updated swiftkey and it now has an option called "swiftkey flow" which is basically their version of swype for their keyboard.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

I tried to find swift key flow but there was only the swift key keyboard app. Is the swiftkey flow part of that app?
Also, does anybody know how Skype and swiftkey compares to the google keyboard? (Or should that be a different thread?)

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Flow is in the settings. Right under "Upgrade from Trial"

And both are better than the stock AOSP keyboard. Seems to be a pretty even split between swiftkey and Swype. Try them both.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm a huge SwiftKey fan. Having said that, I'm currently using the new stock Google keyboard that they just finally released to Google Play.
I'll go back to SwiftKey soon (as always), but I'm enjoying the Google Keyboard for the moment.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm a huge SwiftKey fan. Having said that, I'm currently using the new stock Google keyboard that they just finally released to Google Play.
I'll go back to SwiftKey soon (as always), but I'm enjoying the Google Keyboard for the moment.

The Google keyboard is very good. It's just a bit plain and I prefer punctuation on Swiftkey. Two things SwiftKey needs to learn from the Google keyboard. Make that three.

1. Learning your contacts.
2. Adjustable levels of autocorrect.
3. Editable dictionary.

And one thing all keyboards could learn from the latest WebOS keyboard that was on the Pre3 is programmable shortcuts.

Like att = AT&T.
tm= T-Mobile
ure= You're
Etc. These were all programmable and was a very nice time saving feature.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Sterling147

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Is there a big difference between the shiftkey trial and paid version? I am too late for Amazon's free app of the day.
This might belong in a separate thread, but couldn't find an appropriate one and didn't want to start a new one. Thanks

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there a big difference between the shiftkey trial and paid version? I am too late for Amazon's free app of the day.
This might belong in a separate thread, but couldn't find an appropriate one and didn't want to start a new one. Thanks

The trial expires in a month, the paid version doesn't......

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site

Wow. This is awesome. I was having issues with SwiftKey where the number pad wouldn't appear when I needed to unlock my phone, thus making me hard restart the phone.

Then the stock HTC keyboard was driving me nuts because it can't suggest "we'll" when I type "well". Google gets that right.

However, now the emoticon key doesn't show up in the HTC messages app, but it does in Hangouts.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just gave up on swift key. Had used swype on my previous phone, tried swiftkey but going to try something else. Right now using the stock Trace keyboard. Swiftkey needs to work harder on getting what I am swiping correct and worry less about predicting what I am going to type.

The prediction is great, but when it can't get what I am swiping correct on a regular basis, it just isn't worth it.

anon(6089242)

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have both, but I must say I prefer Swype. Much better if you like swiping. I don't really care for predictions since they never work for me. I guess I don't repeat myself that much...
For normal typing I prefer smart keyboard pro. Very underrated keyboard and imho the best for very fast typing...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Typing or swiping? I literally can not type on a phone. Maybe my fingers are too chubby or something, and Swype seems to understand me the best.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

johnnycr

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I used Swype years ago on my HTC Hero. When I got the HTC Evo 3D I started using Swiftkey and used that since. Now that I have the HTC One and Swype came pre-installed, I've been trying both side-by-side. Honestly, I really like both keyboards. Swype looks the best on the HTC One which sounds silly but it does make a difference. For some reason I can see the keys more easily with Swype. Also, swiping on Swype is extremely fluid and just feels nice. However, I think I'm going to be sticking with Swiftkey for now. I find the Dragon voice input that comes with Swype is not nearly as accurate as the google voice input that Swiftkey uses. One of the major pluses with Swiftkey is the "flow through space" feature which allows you to write an entire sentence without lifting your finger. One of the best parts of Swype is the gestures that allow you to do a function like "select all" really quickly. Conclusion: both are awesome keyboards and you can't go wrong with either one.

Arvin Torrente

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried using Swiftkey but not Swype and so far of my 1 month trial on swiftkey I can't seen to find those problem you guys said like poor word predictions. And the dictionary? you can add words to the dictionary now. You should try the new version.

Manuel Fernandez3

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
No Japanese on Swiftkey yet... I mistakenly paid for the full version after reading a blog post saying that Swiftkey 4 offered Japanese support. Nope...

I need to use two languages daily for work (and because my fiancee is Japanese), so Swype wins because they offer Japanese. However, the Swifkey interface is much more appealing to me, so they will win me back if they ever adopt 日本語. I just hope they do it soon.

kanucme

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Gimme Swype. Just flows and does things I want like consider "u" a word. Simple things line that improve usability. One gripe I have is the load time of Swype. I tried Google keyboard and it pops up instantly. If they improve on the simple things like saving words u like then I may go back. Tried swift and really want impressed coming from Swype

sent from my HTC One(Sprint)

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Both have memory leaks, SwiftKey is worse than Swype but SwiftKey has a nice tablet version.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante