HTC Media Link ATT Scam

Scott Grande

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
So I finally received my HTC Media Link that's supposed to transmit your phone to the tv wirelessly. For those of you who don't know, it was free with a pre order. Apparently a 90 dollar value. Anyway, I set it up and was all ready to go until I got an error message from the phone that I need to have a wireless hotshot enabled to use the accessory. I called att to confirm this and in order to use this device, you need to pay an extra ten dollars a month. This is absolutely pathetic on atts part. They must have ordered thousands of these things and no one is going to use them. Does anyone know how to get around this att bull**** and actually use this accessory?

Edit: based on a reply below, there is a firmware update coming and att/HTC is aware of the glitch. Won't be selling

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
So I finally received my HTC Media Link that's supposed to transmit your phone to the tv wirelessly. For those of you who don't know, it was free with a pre order. Apparently a 90 dollar value. Anyway, I set it up and was all ready to go until I got an error message from the phone that I need to have a wireless hotshot enabled to use the accessory. I called att to confirm this and in order to use this device, you need to pay an extra ten dollars a month. This is absolutely pathetic on atts part. They must have ordered thousands of these things and no one is going to use them. Does anyone know how to get around this att bull**** and actually use this accessory?

Otherwise, does anyone want to buy mine?

I won't be charging $90...

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Really? That is a scam if true. I haven't tried mine yet so I am surprised to hear this.

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
got mine today and it works fine with a custom ROM. never even tried the actual AT&T ROM. i unlocked the bootloader and installed a custom ROM within 20 minutes of getting the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay