Really dumb question. Does FM radio use data time?

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I know, I know, I should know this but don't. Does the FM radio use data time or is it just like having a FM radio built into the phone and just uses regular air waves for the radio like your car?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It requires headphones because the headphones act as the radio antenna. Without them the phone cannot pick up the radio signal.

Posted via Android Central App

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Question still remains, does it use data? Is it just like a pocket FM Radio? I just cant believe you could use the radio for free, Come on Providers, you could find a way to make money on this. Just kidding.

mikereidis

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Question still remains, does it use data? Is it just like a pocket FM Radio? I just cant believe you could use the radio for free, Come on Providers, you could find a way to make money on this. Just kidding.

No data. Assuming you're using a "Real" over the air FM radio app.

Just turn off your data and WiFi and see.

Many streaming apps have "FM" in the name and of course they use data.

Dsat1908

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the same question about my HTC One concerning data usage. When I read your simple suggestion, I felt pretty dumb! Thanks...HTC One FM Radio works just fine with data turned off.

AdamsHouseCat

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
The FM radio functionality (actual FM radio with SoundHound - NO DATA streaming) was a significant selling point to me. My second choice phone ( Galaxy S4) doesn't have it.

Iain Angus

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes it does, i tried to access my local radio station would work with data on, but not with it off. My previous samsung s3 had a built in radion that you needed to have the headphones in to act as an aerial, however with the s5 doesn't come with this built in radio. All i can see is radios that need data allowance, which sucks.

Jarrodsbabygirl2017

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
I was wondering the same question I tried turning off days and wifi and it still worked yeah so i hey gotta find out which uses more battery radio or my music on my SD card played thru fristwire while I'm walking

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool