Replace Internet icon with Chrome?

sparkly flea

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have Chrome as default browser. It would be nice to replace the standard Internet browser icon with Chrome. Possible?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

SkyG

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Open the app drawer, drag the Internet icon out of the dock, drag the Chrome icon into (onto?) the dock.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
There should be a way to identify Chrome as the default browser. But I couldn't find it. So I just disabled the stock Browser app so that Chrome opens when I click on a link rather than Browser.

Has anyone found a way to make Chrome the default browser?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings>apps>all tab>internet>disable. This will make your phone entirely ignore that Internet is even installed and everything will default to Chrome without even asking.

Next go to your app drawer and scroll up until you see the three menu dots, click them, click hide apps, and hide the Internet icon.

Add Chrome to your dock from the app drawer.

Your phone will now look and act as if Chrome is the only browser installed on it.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
There should be a way to identify Chrome as the default browser. But I couldn't find it. So I just disabled the stock Browser app so that Chrome opens when I click on a link rather than Browser.

Has anyone found a way to make Chrome the default browser?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

The first time I tapped a web URL in another app (probably my Gmail or something) the Chooser popped up and asked me to choose Internet or Chrome. I chose Chrome and selected the "Always" option.