KingOla2nd

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Been using this phone for like a week now and the battery sucks.....what can I do to improve the battery life...

And I know theres a big thread about this buts I dont want to read through like 34 pages....

If anyone can post simple instructions... Would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Like munz said, turn on power saver. I haven't noticed any performance issues with it on either. Also, turning off mobile data when you're in a place with wifi helps prolong the battery a bit. Keeping the screen brightness down, turning off haptic feedback, and limiting push notifications will all help as well.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Turn off Latitude and Location History if you don't use these. Turn off unused radios. Use auto brightness. Read the 34 page post regarding battery life. Turn off sync on accounts you don't need updated in real time. Use wifi when you can. There are certainly more things as well.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Been using this phone for like a week now and the battery sucks.....what can I do to improve the battery life...

And I know theres a big thread about this buts I dont want to read through like 34 pages....

Thanks

34 pages OMG that's like reading Narnia!

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So you want specific answers to the vaguest question possible, but don't want to read the threads where those answers would be? Without you being even a little specific, here's the best help you're going to get:
  • Hard reset
  • Turn off LTE
  • Use WiFi always
  • Turn down the screen brightness
  • Only sync things manually
  • Close all of your background processes
  • Hard reset
  • Install apps one at a time to see what's killing the battery
  • Install a battery monitor and see what is using the highest percentage
  • Return the phone because it may be defective
  • Charge it more
  • Get a battery pack
  • Hard reset
  • Invest in this: Mophie announces Juice Pack for the HTC One, on sale now for $99.95 | Android Central
  • You must be a power user
  • Get a RAZR Maxx
See, you need to be a little more specific if you need some help. How long is the battery actually lasting? What are you doing with the phone? What features are you using regularly? Do you have a battery monitor installed, and if so can you take a screenshot and post it here so we can see what's going on?

KingOla2nd

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Please define "Battery Sucks". Otherwise, nobody can really help you. You might think a day and a half sucks.

Mine doesn't even last half a day I work 10:30 hours started work at 6am it was pretty much dead by 3pm ...and I'm not constantly on it at work

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

Oh no! 34 pages! I don't understand this generation.

KingOla2nd

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Erm I use tunein radio, whatsapp, instagram, Facebook and twitter frequently daily but, like I said I work 10:30 hours a day so it's not like I'm on the phone 24/7...

I have advanced task killer installed but the annoying thing is, I kill an app and then go back to my phone in 20 mins later and those same damn apps are still running

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I wanted to jump in real quick... Is the battery that bad? What are your guys average usage times?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I wanted to jump in real quick... Is the battery that bad? What are your guys average usage times?
I haven't found a baseline for expected battery use but I will say that on Monday I went to Comerica park for a Tigers game, took many pictures and zoes and still walked away with some 80% battery. None of the other phones I've owned have ever coped that well so all in all I'm pretty happy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1