HTC One: No SIM Card Error

TMorss

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have had my HTC One for about a week now. I really enjoy the phone. Tonight I was browsing Google Plus while on Wifi and a my LTE went away and a little SIM Icon came on. The phone disconnected from the Network due to having no SIM Card. I had to reboot the phone and it is working again. I did a google search for the issue and it seems this is very common on the One X and One X+. Anyone else have this problem? Should I exchange the phone?

Last edited by a moderator:

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Re: No Sim Card Error

It was an issue with the Thunderbolts too. If you aren't bumping up against a return/exchange date, I'd probably just see if it keeps doing it. You might find out that it's a once every 6 months thing and you could end up with a worse problem if you exchange, especially if you get a "refurb."

Kris101

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

Had this happen a few times since getting the phone a month ago. Have put a couple of layers of tape on the back of the sim in case its an issue with the connection like what people were seeing with the One-X.
Wont know whether that's solved it though until a few weeks have gone by.

Kris101

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

Agreed! I haven't had the sim card error since doing the tape trick on the sim card.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

feilnjef

May 24, 2013
Visit site

my htc one is doing the same thing. have u found any answers to fixing it. i saw that one thing that helps for a little was putting in airplane mode and then off again.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site

I had the same problem. Nothing fixed it permanently. I had to exchange the phone to get it fixed.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

This thread makes me genuinely sad...The one x, the dna, and now the one, all with sim card issues. I was really hoping that the one would be void of this problem.

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Guess I'm fortunate since I've owned all of them and never had this issue.

Metalpix

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Pleased I read this as I keep getting the "000000" where the carrier notification should be... Orange are sending a new sim out but I will give this idea a try. Other than that the phone is great, no biuld issues, no pixel issues Etc. So I' reluctant to end up with a refurb exchange.

Kris101

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

Well it's been about 6 weeks now since I did the tape on the sim card trick and I haven't had the error once. Was getting it a couple of times a week previously.

Carmel Prabhu

May 26, 2013
Visit site

I bought a HTC Desire SV few months back. All sudden the phone dies. I took to the HTC service centre, They had to replace the board. After getting it back now I am finding the SIM Card is not getting recognised. No Service, SIM Card not available etc. I checked the SIM with other phone and it is working. I made a factory reset, tried insertting SIM few times etc etc. Nothing works. ANy suggestions?

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Like Jennifer had mentioned above, this was also happening with the DNA. I took my sim card out, wiped the contacts on the sim card with rubbing alcohol and I haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using the "NEW" Android Central App

joseph4200

May 13, 2013
Visit site

I have had my HTC one a few weeks now and I have had the "preparing sim card" message pop up on me a few times today....

catcal74

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
HTC one "No Sim Card Error"

I've had the "No SIe card" pop up the last couple of weeks... I found a you tube video describing the problem. It says to place 2 pieces of tape on the SIM card. Not masking, duck, or electrical tape. Make sure it's not lifting up on the corners and place the SIM back in place. I haven't had any problems all day!!! So it seems to be working. Apparently it's a design issue... But other than the SIM issue I absolutely love my phone... :-*

Barb Reynolds

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC one "No Sim Card Error"

Same problem, no sim card error message several times a week until this time seemed permanent. Tried the sticky tape trick, working like a dream. Hope it lasts. Thanks TuanDo :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc