Why does Facebook lag?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
lol... i am definitly not an Apple fanboy. I am a WP recently converted to Android. Just because i like more of Android that doesn't mean i think everythink is perfect with Android. Piracy is a problem from the developer perspective. Also just check fragmentation on google play reviews of apps. There are people complaing that some app dont work on their device and others on the same app saying the app is 5* on their other device.

I prefer Android for the openess and customization. That alone it's better to me then all the iOS closed environment.

I agree that fragmentation is an issue whether or not people want to admit it. Is it as bad as it was back in the 1.5/1.6 to 2.0/2.1 transition days? No. Is it gone? No. When i have a brand new HTC One and go to download an app and my device "isn't supported" that is an issue. And it is just a fact that piracy is easier on Android than iOS or Windows Phone. It can be an issue on BlackBerry 10 as well, though mainly through its Android emulation layer.

Don't get me wrong, this doesn't make Android bad, its just fact that every OS has flaws, Android isn't exempt from that.

Part of why Facebook lags could be that they are trying to target as many devices as possible so they aren't taking advantage of some of the newer API's available to them that could throw a wrench in Gingerbread support.

Tiago Silva

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree it won't be instant, but I don't think it will take more than 2 years. The point about cheap phones is also true, but I think we are going to see a shift in that. I think more cheap phones (maybe not in the US, but in the rest of the world), will shift more towards Windows Phone from Android because Windows Phone runs better on low end hardware than Android does. Its not as heavy an OS so it provides a better user experience on cheap hardware, and MS is already seeing high uptake in countries where the low end market is essentially the entire market. Piracy will remain a big concern and the only real way to combat it is through always connected apps that check a software ID # against your devices IMEI or some other unique ID. Its not a perfect system, but it could slow down piracy.

I guess it may not take more then 2 years, but while there is similar revenue dev's will continue to do the way they are used to. Old habits. Only when they notice Android is significantly more profitable, then they will go after money.

I was a former WP user and still, waiting on availability on HTC One on my zone. I was a former Android user. WP UI is more appealling to me, but the openess of Android beats it all.

It's true that cheap WP phones are faster then cheap Android, like Nokia 510 and 620. But as hardware progress, like 5 years in the future, even the cheapeast Android phone will be able to run Android OS butterly smooth. I think WP will remain a distant 3rd player. The thing is Apple could launch a cheap IPhone, like a mini IPhone, similar to Lumia 620. Then there would be lots of people that want Apple products (because they are brain-washed) but dont have the money for it...

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess it may not take more then 2 years, but while there is similar revenue dev's will continue to do the way they are used to. Old habits. Only when they notice Android is significantly more profitable, then they will go after money.

I was a former WP user and still, waiting on availability on HTC One on my zone. I was a former Android user. WP UI is more appealling to me, but the openess of Android beats it all.

It's true that cheap WP phones are faster then cheap Android, like Nokia 510 and 620. But as hardware progress, like 5 years in the future, even the cheapeast Android phone will be able to run Android OS butterly smooth. I think WP will remain a distant 3rd player. The thing is Apple could launch a cheap IPhone, like a mini IPhone, similar to Lumia 620. Then there would be lots of people that want Apple products (because they are brain-washed) but dont have the money for it...

I'm also an Android user (MyTouch 3G>Moto Droid> MT4G) turned Windows Phone (HD7>Titan>Lumia 900) user returned to Android (Skyrocket>Burst>Note>One). I agree that the UI and design aesthetic on WP is more pleasing. I think 5 years from now's low end hardware would run today's Android just fine, but I also think that Android will evolve with the hardware so that in 5 years, low end Android phones will run about like they do today. I really think WP will be third with a focus on low end.

Tiago Silva

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm also an Android user (MyTouch 3G>Moto Droid> MT4G) turned Windows Phone (HD7>Titan>Lumia 900) user returned to Android (Skyrocket>Burst>Note>One). I agree that the UI and design aesthetic on WP is more pleasing. I think 5 years from now's low end hardware would run today's Android just fine, but I also think that Android will evolve with the hardware so that in 5 years, low end Android phones will run about like they do today. I really think WP will be third with a focus on low end.

i was a imate jamin windows mobile, and HD2 windows mobile->Android->WP :). Since my HD2 doesn't work anymore, now i have an Nokia 2630 waiting for the HTC One.

I dont think Android will loose the low phone. Also because Samsung and cheap Chinese phones are more interested on free Android then WP licenses. And Samsung is really big on phones, not just the top, more then Nokia... I think that Android will not be much more heavy, they will start to optimize the OS i believe. I hope WP remains as a strong 3rd force, but lets see...

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
lol... i am definitly not an Apple fanboy. I am a WP recently converted to Android. Just because i like more of Android that doesn't mean i think everythink is perfect with Android. Piracy is a problem from the developer perspective. Also just check fragmentation on google play reviews of apps. There are people complaing that some app dont work on their device and others on the same app saying the app is 5* on their other device.

I prefer Android for the openess and customization. That alone it's better to me then all the iOS closed environment.

Android isn't perfect no os is but it has more advantages then disadvantages imo. All my apps worked on all my handsets ns4g sgs2 Gnex. Now common sense should tell anyone they can't play iron man 3 on a Samsung conquer lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

anon(5780458)

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Go sign up for the Facebook beta on Android. It's a tremendous improvement over the official version. You get beta updates just like a normal app through the Play Store.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why not signup for the facebook beta on Google+? You get all the newest updates first for testing purposes, my general experience with fb mobile has been good since joining the beta.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz