Can I add a task via Voice Commands?

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
On my iPhone I was able to easily add a todo to my Reminders app via Siri. For example, I could say "Remind me to pick up my son today at 3:30." Siri would add this task to Reminders with an alert at 3:30. If I say the same thing on my One, it creates an Alarm at that time. The problem is that after the task is done I have to go into Clock/Alarms and manually delete that Alarm. The only work around I see is that I can say "Add to my calender at 3:45 (default reminder is 15 min.), pick up my son". I would much rather just add this to my task list with an alert rather than to add it to my Calender. Any ideas?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe try Skyvi? It's a Siri knock-off but it seems to be pretty good. I haven't used it in a while because the novelty wore off but try it and see if it works.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I just told google to remind me of something at a certain time.

It did. I could not find that it stored it anywhere. It worked properly.

Do you find it storing in the calendar? I didn't.

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
From what I can tell, you can not add task appointments with Voice Commands. When you ask it to remind you, it does so via the Alarms app, and can't do anything more than 24 hours out. It is the ONE place I actually think Siri does better than Voice Commands, is tasks and the reminders app. If Google would make a basic app for Google Tasks and add voice support for it, I for one would be thrilled.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
From what I can tell, you can not add task appointments with Voice Commands. When you ask it to remind you, it does so via the Alarms app, and can't do anything more than 24 hours out. It is the ONE place I actually think Siri does better than Voice Commands, is tasks and the reminders app. If Google would make a basic app for Google Tasks and add voice support for it, I for one would be thrilled.

I agree. One thing I liked also with Siri and Reminders integration was that I had a Shopping List set up in Reminders. All I had to do was tell Siri "Add milk to my Shopping List" and it was done. Really easy and took me 2 seconds. On my one I have a Shopping List note set up in Google Keep but no way to add to it via Voice Commands.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Maybe try Skyvi? It's a Siri knock-off but it seems to be pretty good. I haven't used it in a while because the novelty wore off but try it and see if it works.

Thanks for the recommendation. It doesn't add to Tasks but it does do the other feature I miss about Siri, reading and replying to texts in the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12