How do I wake the screen for notifications?

bosslugger

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
It's driving me crazy to have to constantly push the on/off button to wake the screen for notifications. Sorry but vibrate and a green blinking light aren't enough.
I want to be able to SEE notifications as they come in, so I know if I need to pick up the phone or not.
I suspect the answer is download yet another app, but any help would be much appreciated.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Not a huge issue but it would be handy especially for incoming sms :) There doesn't seem to be any way of enabling this through any of the inbuilt settings though :(

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Screen notifications. That's the apps name so far works for me. The screen comes on for apps that you assign. It does not change your lock screen or add it's own notification, it simply turns the screen on. Also there are no crazy permissions and so far it works for me. I'll keep this thread posted if there are any battery issues.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...orth.screennotifications&hl=en&token=B4rL7rvH

Last edited:

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
How does it work? You just choose an app and when you get a notification from that app the screen lights up? Does it stay lit ?

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
How does it work? You just choose an app and when you get a notification from that app the screen lights up? Does it stay lit ?
Yes exactly could not be any easier. The screen stays lit for the duration you tell it to. I use 10 seconds you can set it to your liking.

bc ct

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Using this app can cause an issue with the HTC One. You'll notice that, when you enable the screen notifications in the accessibility menu, your phone will become unlocked when you touch your lock screen (I.e., a swipe is no longer needed). Not bad by itself, but it creates issues when you try to answer your phone from the lock screen, use the music player from the lock screen, etc. Apparently, this is a known bug in the accessibility setting.

Last edited:

c613m

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Using this app can cause an issue with the HTC One. You'll notice that, when you enable the screen notifications in the accessibility menu, your phone will become unlocked when you touch your lock screen (I.e., a swipe is no longer need). Not bad by itself, but creates issues when you try to answer your phone from the lock screen, use the music player from the lock screen, etc. This is a known bug in the accessibility setting.

Yeah I tried the app quickly, was not a fan of this bug.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Using this app can cause an issue with the HTC One. You'll notice that, when you enable the screen notifications in the accessibility menu, your phone will become unlocked when you touch your lock screen (I.e., a swipe is no longer needed). Not bad by itself, but it creates issues when you try to answer your phone from the lock screen, use the music player from the lock screen, etc. Apparently, this is a known bug in the accessibility setting.
Ugh, damn, this seems like a perfect solution, but if it messes with the ability to control music and answer calls what is the point?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, tried it and it messes with the lock screen. Bummer. Another annoyance I found is when you make a call and they hang up first, your dialer stays on screen instead of going back to home.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I would just like to remind the people who want the screen to light for every notification that doing so will likely have consequences for battery life. If you insist on adding this feature please think twice before making posts complaining about how little your battery lasts once doing this.

jimjr03

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Just another suggestion:

I've installed WidgetLocker, which allows you to put widgets on your lockscreen. I then place a "notification lockscreen" widget on my lockscreen. I set it up to wake the screen when I get a notification. Like such:

Screenshot_2013-05-04-02-43-22.png

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

bjb_nyj101

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad