Voicemail app

tigerNamedtony07

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
My voicemail app is not working on my HTC One. Anyone know of a fix or a alternative app.. i will get a text message saying i have a message from this missed # and to call to hear it... but the voicemail app is suppose to save it and let me listen to it without dialing.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My voicemail app is not working on my HTC One. Anyone know of a fix or a alternative app.. i will get a text message saying i have a message from this missed # and to call to hear it... but the voicemail app is suppose to save it and let me listen to it without dialing.

Switch over to google voice. Best voicemail free app/service around.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Switch over to google voice. Best voicemail free app/service around.

Hey, can you help me understand google voice? I have it on my iPhone 5 but of course I don't really see a use for it since we have visual voice mail built into the OS.
I use it for craigslist ads so they don't have my real number...
but I am getting the HTC One or S4 soon and know that android doesn't have VVM. Do I have to "change" my number to the google voice number?
I don't really understand the process here.

Clarification would be very helpful here.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey, can you help me understand google voice? I have it on my iPhone 5 but of course I don't really see a use for it since we have visual voice mail built into the OS.
but I am getting the HTC One or S4 soon and know that android doesn't have VVM. Do I have to "change" my number to the google voice number?

No you won't have to change your number. Your current google voice number (everyone has one that has a google voice account) will become your new voicemail access number rather than the number your carrier gives you. If you are on AT&T, you'll have to set it up manually because they suck LOL. Go online and look for options to activate on main settings page of your google voice account. If you haven't done so already, add your number and then activate google voice. If you are on another carrier, just follow the instructions on the app once you login and you should be good to go. But you won't have to change anything at all. Check the below if my instructions are not clear:

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/165656?hl=en

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I have a completely different number for my google voice number. Only my close friends and family have my actual number. I use google voice mainly because I can give out a different number and you can screen calls much better. What carrier are you on? I have AT&T and there is a visual voicemail app built in so yes you can get the same function as with iOS. I migrated over from iOS as well and don't really miss anything, because you can get it all on Android as well plus it's more customizable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon