Noob question about closing an app

pete6032

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
This is my first 4.x android. On my old gingerbread device I noticed that some "core" apps would close automatically when I repeatedly pressed the escape button to get back to the home screen. This doesn't seem to be the case on the One. I can make a call or send a text and then hit esc-esc to get back to the home screen but if I double tap the home screen button it shows that the phone app and text messaging app are still open. Do I need to close these all the time? Is there a way to close the phone or messaging apps without having to double tap the home button and then toss it away?

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This is my first 4.x android. On my old gingerbread device I noticed that some "core" apps would close automatically when I repeatedly pressed the escape button to get back to the home screen. This doesn't seem to be the case on the One. I can make a call or send a text and then hit esc-esc to get back to the home screen but if I double tap the home screen button it shows that the phone app and text messaging app are still open. Do I need to close these all the time? Is there a way to close the phone or messaging apps without having to double tap the home button and then toss it away?

There is no reason to close them, Android does a good job of managing memory usage on it's own. This is why you don't see people talking about task killers anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress