Yahoo Finance slams the HTC One

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Wow. That dude is a complete *****. Can't figure out the camera? Has to go to a freakin' Sprint store to figure out how to add a home page? There's no way he is even marginally qualified to write anything tech related.

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay. I don't have the S4, or the One, or a Nexus. I'm on the verge of upgrading at the moment, and even then, this review is bad. If I take emotion out if it, the review is poorly written and executed. In fact, the content of it could have been gathered from standing in the store for 45 minutes (or less) and messing with the phone, talking to the rep, and with inspiration from drop tests for the grill coming off or another review source. It's just poor work overall.

I don't know about you folks...but the first thing I did was open the camera and take a picture when I held it in store, no problem at all.

"HTC, please leave the software stuff up to software companies such as Google, Microsoft and Facebook!"
So leave it to the people who haven't brought a decent Facebook app that's comfortable to use and a system that plasters a social media site all over your phone. I can't tell if this guy is looking for people to disregard him or what, but that's pretty bold to throw HTC below Facebook.

This whole article feels like an Apple or Samsung fanboy review you'd find on a forum or blog.

It's Yahoo. I've begun to look at their reporting as a source of entertainment, much like The Onion, though I think the validity and quality of The Onion is probably better (it certainly is superior in terms of readability).

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I forgot Yahoo was still in business. And its articles written like this and I remember why they are so irrelevant.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Wrong.

Dummy. Had to go to the store to ask how to increase the number of screens? Geez...Somebody take this device away from this baby...

This reporter must be a total moron. I picked up my one last saturday and found it quite simple to set up. I have an HTC one x, evo 3D, Nexus 4 sand iPod 5 and this was just as easy to set up. It fits in ny hand perfectly and is a pleasure to use. Maybe he should pick the device up for a couple if days use before he feels qualified enough to write a review.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Why is it a crime to not like a phone? He gave reasons he didn't like it and that's his opinion.

He is free to an opinion, but when posits such an uninformed opinion such as:

One more in the "terrible interface" category: The camera. I'm the simplest possible person when it comes to a camera. The only thing I do is to open the camera app, and then press a button to take a picture.
So, on the HTC One, where is the button to take a picture? I have absolutely no idea. I finally figured it out, using an exhaustive process of elimination. I basically pressed every icon (and non-icon) on the screen, and finally was able to discover what took a picture. Then, of course, I forgot it the next time I wanted to take a picture.
In contrast, on the Galaxy Nexus there is no doubt where you press to take a picture. How difficult can these most simple of the basics be? Are there no focus groups?

Really? REALLY?

I mean....

really-really-dude.jpg

Either he was on crack or he never picked up the phone?

I picked up the demo unit at the AT&T store. Launched the camera app. Saw the screen. Hit camera icon. Ah. Ok. Took photo. And that's that.

adventure95004

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that review reads like someone has an axe to grind. They don't like it because you might drop it? They don't like it because it has a custom skin? And then they recommend the HTC First, which comes slathered with Facebook Home?

Where's that Riker facepalm image when you need it?

Here you go :)
6y8esyju.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

fz1jmp

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha is a review from yahoo finance for goodness sake, I suppose the 3 people who read it may not like the One, ok bye bye.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Is Yahoo still relevant anymore?
Unfortunately yes. Their traffic numbers for the finance section specifically blow away all competitors. They're also at or near the top for traffic on their sports section. I think the rest of the site not nearly as heavily trafficked, but they are still significant.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Nice "unbiased" review there Yahoo from an obvious Samsung fanboy. Unfortunately a hardware malfunction befell this device while in the hands of this lunkhead. He doesn't explain how he managed to break the phone in his pocket. Did he sit on it? Does he weigh 300 pounds and had trouble dragging it out of the pocket of his skinny jeans? No explanation offered. It broke, therefore it sucks. What a moron. Do they actually pay this guy?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol whoever gave this guy his journalism degree should feel ashamed. I feel like I just read a review written by a second grader.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
There are other parts of the HTC hardware that are great, however. The display is the best I've seen at 1080x1920 in a 4.7-inch size. The CPU is the market-leading Qualcomm Snapdragon 600. WiFi is 801.11ac. Basically, the hardware specs are almost exactly like the Samsung Galaxy S4. For now, the HTC One is a spec leader.

What I'm curious about is... What's 801.11ac?

Seems like a simple typo, but that's not the kind of mistake a competent tech writer makes. Leave it to the finance clods to make an entire company look like crap.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Of course, is it also possible that he is that one in a million person that doesn't like how the phone feels? Yes.

I have GN and without a case on it the phone is very slippery, but it didn't stop me from buying it.

I went into a AT&T store today to look at the S4 and One, I didn't really mess with the software too much, I just wanted to get a hand feel on both of them. The S4 felt good in the hand and not to big or that slippery. The One just didn't feel good in my hand at all, of course it feels like a solid phone and does look great! But it just didn't feel good in my hand, something about were the curved back meets the sides just doesn't work for me.

In other words I guess I'm 2 in a million LOL.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The person who wrote that article is obviously a Samsung fan boy or Samsung paid him to write that as there been evidence of them hiring people to bad mouth HTC one and ruin htcs campaign. .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I guess you didn;t read the part were he said the Samsung software was just as bad as HTC's software?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz