Google wallet

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Agree, its more of a cool thing than mainstream tool at this time. When supermarkets and big grocery strores have those at the register, it will make more sense, especially if you can store the store card for discounts along with it. It is going in the right direction, IMHO.

I use it at my local grocery store currently in San Diego. Also a lot of other places now have the correct machine so I use it all the time. Its spreading which is great to see :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Spreading, yes. I was happy that I was able to set it up and use initially on the one, but rooting and loading recovery wiped the phone. No wallet. I was happy to load the apk and set up went well.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I would say no..I used it a few times on my GNex and while it was neat to shock people who didnt know you can use your phone to pay just by swiping...it lost its luster rather quick...I could probably see myself using it more if it was accepted in more places I go to

I use Google wallet daily. Its a lot of places that accept Google wallet. Download the MasterCard pay pass app to see all the places that accept it. McDonalds Walgreen's foot locker best buy home depot radio shack 711 to name a few

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The places I go to dont do it much..Last I used it was at a Foot Locker a few months ago.. the Walgreens here..the machine doesnt work with it for some reason..Best Buy accepts PayPass (I never knew that..I was just there a few days ago and their machines dont have the scanner thingy)...

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The places I go to dont do it much..Last I used it was at a Foot Locker a few months ago.. the Walgreens here..the machine doesnt work with it for some reason..Best Buy accepts PayPass (I never knew that..I was just there a few days ago and their machines dont have the scanner thingy)...

Only a select few best buys.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Only a select few best buys.

Not a single best buy here in the portland area has their NFC swipes working. I have asked why and was told by a manager that best buy never bothered to invest in upgrades to the system.

I use wallet primarily at 7-11, my work place (airport, they are everywhere), McDonalds (on occasion) and few other random places that I find the sensor.

I am on T-Mobile and really hope this gets updated. I love wallet

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if using the MoDaCo Toolkit will allow it to work on our AT&T phones? Supposedly it disables Wallet checks - remove region and root checks from Google Wallet..If anyone has tried this..what was the outcome?

a_t_hoang

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if using the MoDaCo Toolkit will allow it to work on our AT&T phones? Supposedly it disables Wallet checks - remove region and root checks from Google Wallet..If anyone has tried this..what was the outcome?

Still isn't working :( I did try to reinstall Google Wallet app couple of times after installing Xposed framework and Modaco toolkit.

Brewz

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
First thing I want to say is I prefer not to sideload this .apk! (not trying to be rude just preventing that idea to be sent to me) I am also on Sprint for the record.

Now my question is why is this phone still not added to Google's approved phone list and what does it take to get on that list? The S4 is on it and was released a few weeks after the One.

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
First thing I want to say is I prefer not to sideload this .apk! (not trying to be rude just preventing that idea to be sent to me) I am also on Sprint for the record.

Now my question is why is this phone still not added to Google's approved phone list and what does it take to get on that list? The S4 is on it and was released a few weeks after the One.
Rate 1 star in the play store and say why.....fastest way to make them fix it....unless you know someone who works for them...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith