HTC One Drivers/Using Helium & Sync Manager

ace8707

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So I just got a Sprint HTC One and am trying to get all of my apps over to it using Koush's Helium (Carbon). I backed everything up with the old GNex, and when I open Helium on the One it tells me to use the desktop application. So I downloaded that, installed the drivers he points to on the site, and plugged in the phone. The phone recognizes it's connected bc it shows the USB and debugging icons, and the computer recognizes it as well because the One shows as a portable device in the My Computer window and I am able to go in and navigate the folders. The problem is that Helium still says "To enable helium on your Android, please connect it to USB." His site also suggested downloading HTC's Sync Manager so I did that and am still having the problem. The computer recognizes the phone, but Sync Manager does not. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and both Helium and Sync Manager, but nothing has worked and I am not having much luck finding help in any of the forums. Any ideas?

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You need to look in device manager and see if the drivers installed correctly. Also what version of windows are you using?

Posted via Android Central App

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with Kevin. It sometimes is a bit finicky, especially with my Nexus 7. The HTC One and my now old EVO 3D seem to be a little less finicky. I usually will have to unplug and re-plug my Nexus 7 a couple of times. Also I find that sometimes I just need to close the application on my computer. BTW my computer is running Windows XP 32bit.

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So I'm still trying to get this to work. Which end should I be restarting, the Windows Application or the Android app...

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Just spent some time with this tonight. This worked for me:

1. Don't have Helium running on the PC or phone.
2. Connect the phone and wait for HTC's Sync Manager to start its crappy software
3. Exit HTC Sync Manager, including the one running in the taskbar icons.
4. Start the Helium desktop app.
5. Start the Helium phone app.

That works for me.

ace8707

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I ended up getting it to work on and off on a friends older computer running windows XP, but I was completely unsuccessful at getting it to work on my computer with windows 7 64bit. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling everything and tried just about every combination possible for the order i opened things in. Nothing. Huge pain.

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I never got it working on my laptop. I did finally get it working on my desktop. Both 64bit Win 7. I don't know what the difference is, but try it on a different computer.

xeo_313

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I manage to get it work on my laptop. . Im using win 7 32bit.
Go to device manager. . Look for android interface bla..bla. . Right click and choose update ... choose browse my computer for driver software....choose let me pick from list of device bla..bla..next it show samsung android adb interface select it... next itll show its not safe bla..bla. choose yes...u should install driver from helium website

ace8707

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I know this is super old, but I had an idea for this that I tried and it worked - run Helium as an admin. If you're not sure how to do that, just right click on Helium, and it will be one of the options. I did that and it worked right away. Can't believe it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance