HTC ONE speaker static / popping sound

RockMiami

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys
I bought my First T-mobile HTC ONE and I notice the first day i used it that there was this weird static popping sound, It sounds like a static discharge but I don't think it is, It's very annoying and it hurts the ear. I had this problem on almost every other phone call I made. it would not happen when I used the speaker phone, only the handset speaker. T-mobile told me to do a factory reset and see if the issue goes away, I did the factory reset but the problem persisted. So I went to T-mobile and got another HTC ONE , the NEWphone does the same thing :'( !!!! but not as much as the first one. anyone else having this issue ?
I tried lowering the speakers volume but that did not help
now I disabled Beats Audio to see if that has anything to do with the problem ....need some time to confirm and make more phone calls.....
Thanks

lky13

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had this problem, but I heard it may stop if you turn off the "fast boot" option, then restart the phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

RockMiami

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but the "fast boot" option was not turned ON. I guess I could turn it ON then reboot phone, turn it Off again reboot phone again and see what happens....

willizen

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I was going to make a post about this, but I noticed this thread. Phone calls were great for the first few days that I owned the phone, but for the past two days, every time I made a phone call, I was getting this terrible static/hiss sound when the person on the other line would speak. This happened when using the ear speaker. I could hear the person on the other line, there was just a background of hiss and static that really sounded terrible.

I found somewhere online a forum post with a similar issue, and someone recommending turning off beats audio and NFC. Lo and behold, after I turned both of those off, my last phone call sounded crystal clear. I'm not sure if it was the beats or the NFC, but I would put my money on the beats audio.

Interestingly, the problem started after I received a phone call while playing some music with beats audio on. I answered the phone call on speakerphone, and every call after that one had the static.

I'm going to wait a day or two to make sure the problem really has gone away, and then I'll turn NFC back on, and later beats to see if the problem comes back. I'm interested to hear if the OP found any luck in turning beats off, and if anyone else has had this problem.

kassdog

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Heres my reply to my issue like this. Bought this phone day one. Then two days ago I noticed it and it was horrible. Happens with youtube, google music, ect. Anything requiring the external speakers. I have the insurance through best buy so I should have my replacement in the next couple day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm