Worth the switch from Verizon unlimited?

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The HTC One is the first smartphone that's got me excited in a long time. Enough so that I headed to Costco over the weekend and bought the AT&T version to try over the next 14 days.

So far, this phone has really impressed me - especially the build quality, screen, speed and speakers. If Verizon carried this phone, I wouldn't be writing this post.

So the question is, do I stick with Verizon's unlimited plan and wait (for the One or Moto's XFON)? Or just keep this beautiful piece of hardware I'm using right now? :confused:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
No offense to the One, but I prefer the S4 by FAR but would not get the S4 and dump my S3 for it and lose unlimited data. The unlimited can be used for even better devices down the road. The One and the S4 will be old hat next year.

Unlimited value is greater than any device.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The HTC One is the first smartphone that's got me excited in a long time. Enough so that I headed to Costco over the weekend and bought the AT&T version to try over the next 14 days.

So far, this phone has really impressed me - especially the build quality, screen, speed and speakers. If Verizon carried this phone, I wouldn't be writing this post.

So the question is, do I stick with Verizon's unlimited plan and wait (for the One or Moto's XFON)? Or just keep this beautiful piece of hardware I'm using right now? :confused:

It's definitely a unique device. What phone are you coming from? How much data do you need a month?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely a unique device. What phone are you coming from? How much data do you need a month?

I'm using the S3 now and rarely go above 2GB per month. Here's another wrinkle to my dilemma... My company offers employee discounts with both Verizon and AT&T. 22% and 23%, respectively. In addition, they allow us to use our personal devices to access corporate email (using Good Mobile). In exchange, they have a deal with Verizon that let's me keep unlimited data. (Still waiting to hear from our AT&T rep if the same applies for them).

So in theory, even if I switch to AT&T, I can always go back to Verizon and get unlimited data. Comparing voice & data plans makes it even more tempting to switch... 450 rollover minutes & 5GB data (w/ tethering) comes out to be $69.29 / mth with AT&T. (A few pennies less than what I'm paying with Verizon).

On my way to work today, I did side-by-side speed tests on the bus. All tests showed that data speeds for both carriers were comparable. I'll give the slight edge to Verizon since their LTE coverage is a little better near where I live, but AT&T gets the nod in my house.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I used the One over the weekend and absolutly loved it, If i was not stuck into a contract with Verizon right now I would drop them in a heartbeat for this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34