Permanent soft key illumination

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I keep funding myself miss pressing the back and home keys on the One. However at night, when they illuminate, my mistakes are substantially less. Is there an option to keep them on whenever I am using the phone?

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I feel the same way (coming from the S3). If there is an option to keep the lights on, I haven't found it. I imagine some of the devs will come up with a mod to do this. In the meantime, I am willing to bet that the more you use the device and get used to the button location, the less of a problem it becomes. :)

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I keep funding myself miss pressing the back and home keys on the One. However at night, when they illuminate, my mistakes are substantially less. Is there an option to keep them on whenever I am using the phone?

This is a problem for me for sure. When I'm holding the phone with one hand(right), I really have to contort my hand to get at the home button. So it's a problem in general for me but it is certainly lessened by the buttons bring illuminated. And it needs to be almost completely dark for them to turn on.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
This is a problem for me for sure. When I'm holding the phone with one hand(right), I really have to contort my hand to get at the home button. So it's a problem in general for me but it is certainly lessened by the buttons bring illuminated. And it needs to be almost completely dark for them to turn on.

Yeah. I noticed that as well. I have to be in an almost completely dark room for them to come on. Hope htc adds this in an update.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Do the soft keys stay lit up using Netflix on the One? They do on my S4 and it's annoying.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
This app works...Though it seems to have a need to be re-enabled after each restart.. Im running stock rooted rom, and had to enable it with the brute force method..and its been working ever since. The keys light up and stay lit whenever my screen is on!!

DOH I spoke too soon...it worked for awhile but now it doesnt again lol..dang it! Wait...now it works again...man this app is finicky!!

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It didn't work for me--what did you "tinker" with to get it to work? I don't have a launcher.

Had to keep switching from the two options, then the disabling option, restarting, etc. Just keep playing around with the settings and you should be able to get it to work.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
This app works...Though it seems to have a need to be re-enabled after each restart.. Im running stock rooted rom, and had to enable it with the brute force method..and its been working ever since. The keys light up and stay lit whenever my screen is on!!

DOH I spoke too soon...it worked for awhile but now it doesnt again lol..dang it! Wait...now it works again...man this app is finicky!!

Yes it is! Lol

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't work at all on my DE One. In fact, the lights won't come on even in the dark with this app running. Tried all the settings, restarted app, phone, etc., etc.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Another problem with this app...It prevents me from installing apps from Amazon or sideloading anything else. This app creates an overlay which essentially stops me from clicking the Install button on anything I try to install. After some research it appears that any app that can create a System Wide Alert has the potential to do this. I uninstalled it and I can finally add things to my phone no problem!