IR Remote a surprise to many.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just so everyone's aware, that app is $19 for the basic version and $49 for the pro. That's... kind of steep for a few more buttons/functionality.

That depends on how well it works and how extensively it can be customized.

If it can go toe to toe with a $75+ Harmony remote, it's well worth the $49.

Monkee2005

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Im sad that it wont work with my Directv Genie.
It works great in the bedroom with the satelite receivers but it will not control the main DVR in the living room.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Physical buttons are critical in a dark room, but a phone displaying a remote emits light, so your point is moot as your remote will always be visible.
Not at all. Having to look down at the remote to use it is not a good experience, that's why physical buttons are nice. It's something that isn't necessarily obvious until you actually use it for a while, and maybe your experience will be different. Everyone I know who has tried a soft button remote has not enjoyed it, they detract from the experience.

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Im sad that it wont work with my Directv Genie.
It works great in the bedroom with the satelite receivers but it will not control the main DVR in the living room.

I don't have an issue with it working with my Directv Genie. The only thing missing is the guide button.

Posted via Android Central App

PacMan3000

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys--does anyone know if I can use my phone as a remote to control my Tivo? I cannot find this answer anywhere.

I am thinking of making the jump to Apple to Android. This isn't of course the deal breaker, but would be nice to know. I'm planning on getting the HTC One, but am not sure if I can use this with my Tivo (and if so, if I need a *specific* TV remote app as opposed to maybe the one that comes with the phone).

Any insight would be great.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys--does anyone know if I can use my phone as a remote to control my Tivo? I cannot find this answer anywhere.

I am thinking of making the jump to Apple to Android. This isn't of course the deal breaker, but would be nice to know. I'm planning on getting the HTC One, but am not sure if I can use this with my Tivo (and if so, if I need a *specific* TV remote app as opposed to maybe the one that comes with the phone).

Any insight would be great.

Yes you can program it to work a tivo

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

PacMan3000

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Top! And do you know if I can just use the TV remote app that (I think) comes with the HTC One? Or do I have to download a different app?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Top! And do you know if I can just use the TV remote app that (I think) comes with the HTC One? Or do I have to download a different app?

When you go into set up your TV remote app it will walk you through setting it up. So you won't have to download anything additional

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance