I'm I going crazy? I dont need to slide lock screen to unlock

burningfenix

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just have a quick question. Recently I've been able to just press my unlock screen on my HTC one and it unlocks. I just want to know if this is normal. I remember having to slide up either the lock or any other apps that I had on the bottom. I don't need to slide anywhere, I just press once, anywhere on the screen and it unlocks. So is this normal or did I do something with one of the settings? thanks!

Danny Yang

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you have light flow or something like that installed? Cuz I believe tht those apps cause a glitch on ur home screen... Hopefully an update will solve it

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If you have any app with Accessibility turned on (in Settings) it will break the lock screen. Setting them all to "off" will fix the lock screen (but your apps won't do what you want).
2013-04-25%2017.43.07.png

anon(41962)

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I just have a quick question. Recently I've been able to just press my unlock screen on my HTC one and it unlocks. I just want to know if this is normal. I remember having to slide up either the lock or any other apps that I had on the bottom. I don't need to slide anywhere, I just press once, anywhere on the screen and it unlocks. So is this normal or did I do something with one of the settings? thanks!

I have it in settings so that I dont have to do anything. my phone just wakes up unlocked. personalize: No lockscreen, and then security lockscreen: None is how my settings are setup, or something like that. I figure its way too hard to hit the power key in my pocket so i don't plan on any accidental screen presses, and I dont worry about security.

jools1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
hi my problem is slightly different, ive just bought the new htc1 phone which i love but i seem to be having a problem unlocking the screen, whenever i slide it up it takes four or five goes before it actually unlocks which is very annoying, i have contacted htc to see if i could disable the slide to unlock but this cant be done, is anyone else having the same problem as me? many thanks in advance.

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have the same annoying issue. What moron at HTC told you it can't be done?

Settings>Security>Unlock>None

jools1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
i have finally done it after reading the above review, it does work but if the phone is left untouched for a few hours and it rings i then have to slide the screen again, also when my alarm goes off in the morning i have to unslide it then, so annoying, the lady i spoke to at htc was useless!

jools1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
yeah ive followed what you said and set it to no lock screen but it still locks wen my alarm goes off and if i havent used phone for a few hours

winja

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have the same annoying issue. What moron at HTC told you it can't be done?

Settings>Security>Unlock>None

so i went to settings>security>unlock and selected none and now it doesnt ask me for security code (it never did that was off from factory)
and yet i STILL have to swipe to unlock it. in settings>personalize there is no option for lock screen of any sort, not even to change the wallpaper!
if anyone has any ideas how to turn this off that would be great!

wjwwjw

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I think all you can work with is "Settings/Personalize/Wallpaper"

I'd like to not have the "Pull Up To Unlock" either. This is our new home phone (ported number) and I've see the better half pounding the crap out of the screen to try to answer the phone or get into the photo gallery, not realizing she had to swipe up first.

If so, are there any other swipe-to-unlock screens that anyone could recommend? Reminder that we do have three Apple devices so the old-school slider would be the best as far as familiarity goes.

Jim

wjwwjw

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Settings>Security bypass lock screen on wake.

Posted via Android Central App
From my HTCOX

Just tried it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to make any difference. Just to make sure we're talking the same thing, I'm calling the "Security" screen anything that involves numbers, passwords, or specific swipe diagrams. The "Lock" screen is the Swipe to Unlock with your icon bar and wallpaper visible.