Recommended car chargers?

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking for input on a car charger for this shiny new phone. What are some recommended car chargers that you guys are using? I'm reading reviews on some chargers on amazon and a lot complain that they aren't charging at the 1 Amp level. Some say that they needed a special USB cable, some even had to mod the usb ports!

What are some good car chargers that will provide this phone the full amps that it requires?

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking for input on a car charger for this shiny new phone. What are some recommended car chargers that you guys are using? I'm reading reviews on some chargers on amazon and a lot complain that they aren't charging at the 1 Amp level. Some say that they needed a special USB cable, some even had to mod the usb ports!

What are some good car chargers that will provide this phone the full amps that it requires?
I've been doing some research around car chargers recently as well. The One won't accept more than 1A, so a charger providing more than that isn't going to benefit you. That said, you do want to get one that will provide a full 1A.

tigerNamedtony07

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Pretty funny... my palm pre ( yes almost two years ago) i bought a cheap car charger ) the cord and the lil plug for the cig lighter ) and ive used it on my palm, than my htc evo 4g , my htc evo 3d, and im currently using it for my one. I actually do have a spare plug that fits into the cig port in a vehicle, and i think the cord that comes with the ONE fits. lemme check when i get home and if it does...u could pm me your mail address Hunter Ken and its yours.

tigerNamedtony07

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

I forgot to reply to you directly.
Pretty funny... my palm pre ( yes almost two years ago) i bought a cheap car charger ) the cord and the lil plug for the cig lighter ) and ive used it on my palm, than my htc evo 4g , my htc evo 3d, and im currently using it for my one. I actually do have a spare plug that fits into the cig port in a vehicle, and i think the cord that comes with the ONE fits. lemme check when i get home and if it does...u could pm me your mail address Hunter Ken and its yours.

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a cheap motorola microUSB car charger that I got on Amazon a couple of years ago for $3 or $4 bucks to use with my Thunderbolt and it still works fine for my One.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a cheap motorola microUSB car charger that I got on Amazon a couple of years ago for $3 or $4 bucks to use with my Thunderbolt and it still works fine for my One.

I think I may have the same charger. Lights up blue and Motorola branded was literally $4 and works like a champ with all my devices including the one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Sprint-brand car USB charger a while back for my Samsung Nexus 4G (was told I needed a special charger to adequately charge it), and I've been using that same charger twice a day with my HTC EVO 3G LTE phone and now my HTC One. Works well, with no issues.

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site

This is the one to get. As far as I know, it's the only car charger on the market smart enough to switch between the correct charging modes for Samsung, htc, and apple devices and provide enough current for a tablet. It also comes with Brian Klug's (from Anandtech) stamp of approval, which should be enough justification for anyone.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Check this out on Amazon:

Palm Vehicle Power Charger for Palm Pre and Pixi
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QVNI0G...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3086698 (I have used this charger for over 5 different phones and have never had a problem with it. I travel a lot so I put it through its paces and it works so well, is built solid, and is real cheap! Palm and WebOS still deliver fantastic products.

Twitter= MobilePowerUp

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Verizon branded car charger at their store when I got my Thunderbolt. Lights up red on the dongle when active. Now on my ONE when I connect it and check battery it shows "charging AC" which is good enough for me. I still haven't figured out how to have the screen dim between long stretches between turns like it does on when running Google Nav on battery. It's a mystery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20