Got my HTC One! (Thoughts & Opinions)

Mello_Asian

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey, everyone! Yesterday I got my HTC One. Having decided between that and the S4, I am not one bit disappointed in getting the One. For those who wanted to see what I think of the One from my previous thread, here are my thoughts and opinions.

Everything is slick.

BoomSound is great. You can hear more of the lows, mids, highs, etc., and overall it is very enjoyable to listen to. My friend compared the sound to his S3, and he favored the One's. The headphones were a surprise. Based on their looks, I thought they were going to perform poorly. However, they were actually quite good! The audio is very clear, and it's got some added bass too!

The display of the One is absolutely fantastic. It's great in daylight, even in low brightness. I've never had a phone with a screen as big as the One's, but I assure everyone that it is second to none (again, my opinion).

The software, UI, or whatever it's called, is smooth. I've experienced no lag whatsoever, and everything just feels sharp. Opening apps or websites are very fast, and its pretty easy to adjust to the phone's software (for me, at least). The lack of a menu button did feel kind of weird, but I was not annoyed or irritated by that. It was quite easy to get used to.

Now, for the camera. I've only had my hands on a 3.2MP camera with the LG Optimus S, and I was wondering how a 4MP UltraPixel camera would compare.
My expectations were highly exceeded. I closed my eyes and shook my head because I thought it was that good! It really, to me, looked like an 8MP camera. It was compared to friends' S2 and S3, and my friends & I agreed that the One's looked better overall. The only indication of the One's camera being 4MP is its zooming. It's relatively meager, especially with a phone its size and compared to phones that have 8MP camera. Nonetheless, I think that the camera is very, very good, coming from an average phone/camera user.

Overall, I am very happy with the phone. There were no problems at all. If you're a person that is getting the One over the S4 and is still iffy about it, you'll be satisfied either way! I know I was. There simply was nothing that disappointed me, even the slightest bit, and nothing that made me feel like I'm missing something from the S4.

As a final note, I want to thank those who helped me in my decision of getting the One. I appreciate it!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see you liking your new phone :) That's what is all about

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear you're so happy with it Mello!! I've had mine since t-mobile launched it in stores and so far my appreciation of it has shown no signs of decreasing, and there have been nothing beyond the most minor of annoyances, but lots and lots of happy discoveries. I hope you have many many more months if not years of happy times using it! :)

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Got mine in the mail today and waiting to use it as a daily driver until I get a case.

The phones phenomenal. I used it for a few hours and it has not disappointed me. The keyboard is great and accurate compaired to my other phones. The phones is styled great and it feels good in my hands. The sounds from the speakers is amazingly loud. Does not lag at all. Pictures are better than expected. 4mp doesnt mean anything the pixels are larger so they pick up more image/light than a standard size. its like having a 8-12mp camera. It blows my lgog, gs3, note 2, and htc one x plus out of the water. My only complaint is blink feed. Just wish it was a widget not a screen but you can change the home screen to you dont have to see it. I havent had a chance to try out the headphones yet or test the call quality and battery life. As of right now its a keeper to me. Ive handeled the gs4 and it feels to similar to the gs3. Not a bad phone but it was a bit laggy which drives me nuts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Mello_Asian

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear that everyone's enjoying it as well!

Yup, it will be really great for the next two years :) for now I've mainly used it for music, browsing, Snapchat, and pictures, but I'll definitely be delving deep into it for sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995