Screen protector

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have always put them on all my devices..but after reading that the home and back buttons dont register touch all that well with them on..im still on the fence

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I got myself a matte screen protector (from bodyguardz) and I love the whole anti-fingerprint thing. It makes it easier to read in sunlight too. You don't really NEED one, but I guess it is nice to have. Really depends on your preference.

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have a screen protector on (always use one on every phone I've ever had) but like you said, sometimes my back button doesn't work. Weird.

r_kmelody

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I just took mine off lol....noticed the screen to be quite a bit responsive after that. Besides the screen is scratch resistant and can take alot of abuse. But thats just my opinion !

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
ah ha funny you posted this, I used to always go with one, but my work phone is also I believe GC2, actually may just be GC, its the first droid razr and I have beat the crap out of it and the screen looks awesome! Just be careful with the aluminum on the top and bottom, it will scratch! I am taking mine off today.....I have the spigen and yes that and the skinobi are fingerprint magnets and also catch every little mark, its really annoying, I am very careful with my phones (Thanks OCD!) and I am just sick of always having to clean the screen!!! Plus hell whats the point of insurance lol may as well enjoy the phone!! By far my favorite droid to date!

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I know its been said, but with two bottom buttons, there is already a software fix coming to the U.S.
I read a lot on this and the international phones a course already got it and everyone posts the difference is night and day and the camera is also improved!!! Come on you dumb carriers!!!!

BranJD

May 8, 2013
Visit site
For anyone with issues with the sensitivity of the capacitive buttons while using a screen protector, try MediaDevil screen protectors (available on Amazon for about $10 bucks)

I was using a Spigen SGP Ultra Crystal and HATED it. It messed up the capacitive buttons, where it would usually take me 5+ times to hit it correctly. And the thing was a fingerprint magnet, so much that a light touch and there would be oils all over the screen.

Switched to MediaDevil (had used them before on a few iPhones, iPads, and the Nexus 7) and everything is great. Even though the protector is completely clear, it repels fingerprints much better! It's strange to say - but this protector just "feels" higher quality (it is perhaps a bit thicker but this could be a placebo effect). And, now I have zero problems with the buttons. Don't hesitate, try these!

munz19

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought some from the sprint store and they only cover the screen and do not cover down to the back and home buttons. I don't remember the brand but they work for me. if you're interested, i can look at the brand when i get home tonight.

dakron

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I use Ghost Armor. The insensitivity of the capacitive buttons seems to be an HTC One glitch (other forums claim HTC will provide an update). I've found that for now, pressing the back/home buttons with a full fingerprint instead of a finger top seems to work.

viewaskONE

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday, I got fed up with the home key not being responsive. I even had to make power toggles have a home short cut and a multitask button. Home button was THAT bad.
So I ripped off my invisishield hd screen protector and bam! Not a single hiccup or delay with my home button since yesterday.
I've used a screen protector for years on phones. So I'm a little nervous because I can't afford to flip phones all to often, but ill see how this goes until the update arrives here in Canada.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, I got fed up with the home key not being responsive. I even had to make power toggles have a home short cut and a multitask button. Home button was THAT bad.
So I ripped off my invisishield hd screen protector and bam! Not a single hiccup or delay with my home button since yesterday.
I've used a screen protector for years on phones. So I'm a little nervous because I can't afford to flip phones all to often, but ill see how this goes until the update arrives here in Canada.

Check this scratch text out on our HTC One. Hope it make you feel better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVNI9Kflqw4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my HTC One Coconut Wireless

viewaskONE

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks man. HawaiiD. It does make me feel better for sure. I guess old habits die hard.
And fyi friends, still home buttons and back button hiccup free!

daviddlt

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I say yes, just don't get a zagg protector as it interferes with bottom buttons. I bought the plastic ones of eBay and no issues so far.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2