Thinking about HTC One but no LTE Sprint Coverage in Connecticut

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm eligible for an upgrade shortly with Sprint and am considering the HTC One, but I live in Connecticut and Sprint does not have LTE coverage in the Hartford area or anywhere else in Connecticut.

I'm wondering if any of you with the HTCOne without LTE coverage can comment on your experiences. Thanks.

newtotheone

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Have sprint with no 4g and it isn't to bad. I use lots of WiFi so that's why I went with sprints unlimited. I think the phone is fast enough to overcome the 3g service.

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess it depends a lot on yourself. If I was you, I would ask myself the following questions. 1) How important is fast mobile data to me? 2) How is my area's 3G speeds? 3) Do I have access to WiFi in a lot of places?

For me I debated whether or not to give up 4G Wimax capabilities on my EVO 3D to get the One. Ultimately I decided that I could live with slower speeds for a while. The decision was made mainly with the fact that Denver has relatively good Sprint 3G speeds. I have WiFi at home, but find myself using the 3G most of the time at home, because I hate the annoying popup when there is no WiFi. I do find myself getting 1-1.5 mbs down and .5-1 up at both home and work on 3G. The only time I find myself missing the 4G greatly is when I'm at Coors Field as the 3G always is bogged down with all the people.

nismo0886

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I am also in Denver and after a long talk with my wife we decided to stay with sprint even with no lte. We were seriously considering switching. But we rarely use data anyways so we decided to stay. And after getting the ONE after having a Motorola Photon I have noticed my 3g speeds increase a little.

Posted via Android Central App

miles4000

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
In the same boat (NJ with no lte). Also Sprints 3G service in my area is so bad. But I'm mostly in office with WiFi all day.

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
No LTE in Seattle either (although sprint claims soon). Switching from a photon 4G I don't miss wimax at all, although I found it generally so bad as to be unusable most of the time. The improvement in hardware of the one over the photon makes up for the "loss" of wimax while I wait for LTE. 3G is adequate for mobile tasks, including streaming music and using Google maps navigation simultaneously while driving, and anywhere I'll be doing any significant web browsing or downloading I have wifi. You won't regret the upgrade.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
No LTE in Syracuse NY, my 3G speeds are around 1.5 mbps, so no 4G LTE isn't a big deal, the One is still a great phone without LTE. I'd get it again in a heartbeat.

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I gave up on Sprint after a year with the Evo 4G LTE. They have really good customer service, but with 3G in Silicon Valley in the kilobits range, it was absolutely terrible anytime I couldn't get wifi. Realistically I could often get wifi in most restaurants and stuff, but without that, there was really no point in even trying wireless data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez