Screen not flush

gr4v3r

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I received my HTC One yesterday and noticed the top of the screen does not sit flush with the aluminum body. When i slide down the notifications i feel the bump on my thumb and if i push on the screen at the top it makes a light clicking noise like its popping in place. Is this a known issue with a fix? I contacted HTC but the best they can do is have me send the phone in and wait to get a new one shipped back. I would much rather not go at least a week with no phone.

Any ideas?

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I received my HTC One yesterday and noticed the top of the screen does not sit flush with the aluminum body. When i slide down the notifications i feel the bump on my thumb and if i push on the screen at the top it makes a light clicking noise like its popping in place. Is this a known issue with a fix? I contacted HTC but the best they can do is have me send the phone in and wait to get a new one shipped back. I would much rather not go at least a week with no phone.

Any ideas?

If it's loose, then I'd send it in. Mine isn't perfectly flush at the top, it's slightly higher and at the bottom of the screen opposite, slightly lower. Just enough to feel it at the top. Honestly, I'm a bit OCD for stuff like this, but for some reason it doesn't bother me. I don't even notice it at this point. Yes, it's a fairly common issue/complaint with the handset due to the overall build quality and high standards set. Same with the tiny gaps some have in between the aluminum and plastic sides.

If it popped and felt loose, then I'd take the extra step and do something about it.

gr4v3r

May 9, 2013
Visit site
ya its not bad at all, just want it to be perfect for $600. my only issue is sending it back results in no phone for about a week

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I've managed to turn it into a positive... I like it because I use it to tell the orientation of my phone when I'm not looking. Mine is ever so slightly raised but certainly not loose.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Any ideas?

Had the same issue with mine before I exchanged it. I'm guessing it's just one of those 5 out of 100 type things. I don't think they'd have any issue exchanging it for you.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. I found that firmly rubbing the top of the screen from left to right appeared to push the screen down a bit and now it's flush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. I found that firmly rubbing the top of the screen from left to right appeared to push the screen down a bit and now it's flush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You could fix it yourself. Or you could demand they actually build the device correctly. I'd go with the latter seeing as money was exchanged.

avwheeler

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
On Second Black, long story, one to s4 and back to one. Both ones had small lip at top, current one little less. Have sprint protection, figure 6-12 months will need warranty replacement anyway, they should have figured out by then. So good for now. Just historically I seem to burn through phones, rare from physical damage, but done that twice over years.

Sent from Taptalk on HTC One with some awesome custom Rom!

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, there are little lips on the top and bottom depending on how accurate the metal speaker grilles are placed on the body. The bottom lip on mine is annoying because it is flush on one side, but raised slightly on the other. Its raised MAYBE a half millimeter so its not a huge issue to me.

gr4v3r

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Go in store to exchange
Wish i could, it's the unbranded unlocked version

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, there are little lips on the top and bottom depending on how accurate the metal speaker grilles are placed on the body. The bottom lip on mine is annoying because it is flush on one side, but raised slightly on the other. Its raised MAYBE a half millimeter so its not a huge issue to me.

thats how mine is at the top, maybe its a common issue I should just deal with

tobegone

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
the issues with samsung is the plastic itself :p No flame intended...

but.. it's a solidly built phone, pieced professionally within strict tolerances. you would never hear of questions about accepting such low level product from a gs3/gs4 customer. it's laughable to hear "should I just ACCEPT THIS (?!?), or return it (for fear of getting yet another LEMON)"? Amazing, I tell ya-

from my gs3

Tiago Silva

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
but.. it's a solidly built phone, pieced professionally within strict tolerances. you would never hear of questions about accepting such low level product from a gs3/gs4 customer. it's laughable to hear "should I just ACCEPT THIS (?!?), or return it (for fear of getting yet another LEMON)"? Amazing, I tell ya-

from my gs3

there are people complaing of issue on SG4, so issue arises everywhere.

But whatever, keep trashing on other forums. It's a great way of spending time.

cmilviper

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Yep, mine is slightly raised on one side at the top, and not the other....Does not really bother me, and I figure if/when I add a screen protector, it will raise it above level on the other side as well.

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I think mine is slightly raised. Or it might be the screen protector. Either way it's very slight and I never would have noticed if I didn't see this forum. Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
not to flame, but.. plastic samsungs don't have these issues - they're built right. ok, I'm done.
from my gs3

You knew what you were doing when you posted this.

the issues with samsung is the plastic itself :p No flame intended...

You also knew what you were doing.

from my gs3

there are people complaing of issue on SG4, so issue arises everywhere.

But whatever, keep trashing on other forums. It's a great way of spending time.

And you guys kept going. Not cool. Took the thread off-topic and added nothing of substance to the discussion.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine has this too but it is pretty even at the top. I am usually anal about these things but I grow tired of playing the return game. It doesn't bother me much and I don't mind the sensation when pulling down the notification bar . Plus it allows me to know if the phone is situated in the right orientation. It would bother me a lot more if it was not even at the top

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta