Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By jiggyb21
  • 1 Post By jsntrenkler
  • 1 Post By Eric Kane
  • 1 Post By tobegone
  • 1 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen not flush

I received my HTC One yesterday and noticed the top of the screen does not sit flush with the aluminum body. When i slide down the notifications i feel the bump on my thumb and if i push on the screen at the top it makes a light clicking noise like its popping in place. Is this a known issue with a fix? I contacted HTC but the best they can do is have me send the phone in and wait to get a new one shipped back. I would much rather not go at least a week with no phone.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Screen not flush

Quote Originally Posted by gr4v3r View Post
    I received my HTC One yesterday and noticed the top of the screen does not sit flush with the aluminum body. When i slide down the notifications i feel the bump on my thumb and if i push on the screen at the top it makes a light clicking noise like its popping in place. Is this a known issue with a fix? I contacted HTC but the best they can do is have me send the phone in and wait to get a new one shipped back. I would much rather not go at least a week with no phone.

Any ideas?
    If it's loose, then I'd send it in. Mine isn't perfectly flush at the top, it's slightly higher and at the bottom of the screen opposite, slightly lower. Just enough to feel it at the top. Honestly, I'm a bit OCD for stuff like this, but for some reason it doesn't bother me. I don't even notice it at this point. Yes, it's a fairly common issue/complaint with the handset due to the overall build quality and high standards set. Same with the tiny gaps some have in between the aluminum and plastic sides.

If it popped and felt loose, then I'd take the extra step and do something about it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ya its not bad at all, just want it to be perfect for $600. my only issue is sending it back results in no phone for about a week

I've managed to turn it into a positive... I like it because I use it to tell the orientation of my phone when I'm not looking. Mine is ever so slightly raised but certainly not loose.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    grumpycompuprof and les7699 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gr4v3r View Post

Any ideas?
    Had the same issue with mine before I exchanged it. I'm guessing it's just one of those 5 out of 100 type things. I don't think they'd have any issue exchanging it for you.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

sad to hear, now im scared if i send it in I will just get another issue

Global Posts
    3,661 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

I had the same problem. I found that firmly rubbing the top of the screen from left to right appeared to push the screen down a bit and now it's flush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Technosticrati likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
    I had the same problem. I found that firmly rubbing the top of the screen from left to right appeared to push the screen down a bit and now it's flush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    You could fix it yourself. Or you could demand they actually build the device correctly. I'd go with the latter seeing as money was exchanged.
    adriandb likes this.

ROM
    4.1.2 and 4.2 stock

Go in store to exchange

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

not to flame, but.. plastic samsungs don't have these issues - they're built right. ok, I'm done.
    from my gs3
    guinnkevinr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tobegone View Post
    not to flame, but.. plastic samsungs don't have these issues - they're built right. ok, I'm done.
    from my gs3
    the issues with samsung is the plastic itself No flame intended...
    Thanked by:

On Second Black, long story, one to s4 and back to one. Both ones had small lip at top, current one little less. Have sprint protection, figure 6-12 months will need warranty replacement anyway, they should have figured out by then. So good for now. Just historically I seem to burn through phones, rare from physical damage, but done that twice over years.

Sent from Taptalk on HTC One with some awesome custom Rom!

Yeah, there are little lips on the top and bottom depending on how accurate the metal speaker grilles are placed on the body. The bottom lip on mine is annoying because it is flush on one side, but raised slightly on the other. Its raised MAYBE a half millimeter so its not a huge issue to me.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by bigrey81 View Post
    Go in store to exchange
    Wish i could, it's the unbranded unlocked version

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKen7 View Post
    Yeah, there are little lips on the top and bottom depending on how accurate the metal speaker grilles are placed on the body. The bottom lip on mine is annoying because it is flush on one side, but raised slightly on the other. Its raised MAYBE a half millimeter so its not a huge issue to me.
    thats how mine is at the top, maybe its a common issue I should just deal with

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Silva View Post
    but.. it's a solidly built phone, pieced professionally within strict tolerances. you would never hear of questions about accepting such low level product from a gs3/gs4 customer. it's laughable to hear "should I just ACCEPT THIS (?!?), or return it (for fear of getting yet another LEMON)"? Amazing, I tell ya-

from my gs3

but.. it's a solidly built phone, pieced professionally within strict tolerances. you would never hear of questions about accepting such low level product from a gs3/gs4 customer. it's laughable to hear "should I just ACCEPT THIS (?!?), or return it (for fear of getting yet another LEMON)"? Amazing, I tell ya-

from my gs3
    there are people complaing of issue on SG4, so issue arises everywhere.

But whatever, keep trashing on other forums. It's a great way of spending time.
    Thanked by:

Yep, mine is slightly raised on one side at the top, and not the other....Does not really bother me, and I figure if/when I add a screen protector, it will raise it above level on the other side as well.

I think mine is slightly raised. Or it might be the screen protector. Either way it's very slight and I never would have noticed if I didn't see this forum. Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

from my gs3
    You knew what you were doing when you posted this.

You also knew what you were doing.

from my gs3
    there are people complaing of issue on SG4, so issue arises everywhere.

But whatever, keep trashing on other forums. It's a great way of spending time.
    And you guys kept going. Not cool. Took the thread off-topic and added nothing of substance to the discussion.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    les7699 likes this.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Mine has this too but it is pretty even at the top. I am usually anal about these things but I grow tired of playing the return game. It doesn't bother me much and I don't mind the sensation when pulling down the notification bar . Plus it allows me to know if the phone is situated in the right orientation. It would bother me a lot more if it was not even at the top

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Kane View Post
    Had the same issue with mine before I exchanged it. I'm guessing it's just one of those 5 out of 100 type things. I don't think they'd have any issue exchanging it for you.
    What carrier did you exchange yours at? Did they give you a hassle? I'm looking to exchange mine due to my one not being flush at the top. I have insurance, but I'd think this wouldn't be a claim

My glass is slightly above the speaker grills on the top and the speaker grills are slightly higher than the bottom glass. It feels totally solid. I haven't had a single tech issue with the phone and I love it. I ordered the 64GB version online and I expect if I had wanted to return it I might not see one for a while and would I end up with tech issues which are more important to me that aesthetics that I don't notice until I read these forums. Besides that I don't even notice it until I read threads like this.

I guess what I'm saying is this Forum makes me more upset than my phone
    HTC One - ATT 64GB