Proud New HTC One owner

metroff1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just received my HTC One today. I have a few questions that I'm hoping to get some help with.
1. Is there any way to automatically transfer over all of my apps from Google Play or do I have to do them all individually?
2. Is there a way to keep the lights on the "home" and the "back" buttons, as long as the screen is on?
3. I'm coming over from a Galaxy S3, how do I transfer over all of my files from my SD card, such as documents, pdfs and for some reason most of my ringtones didn't transfer over when I did the setup?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Last edited:

a_t_hoang

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I just received my HTC One today. I have a few questions that I'm hoping to get some help with.
1. Is there any way to automatically transfer over all of my apps from Google Play or do I have to do them all individually?
2. Is there a way to keep the lights on the "home" and the "back" buttons, as long as the screen is on?
3. I'm coming over from a Galaxy S3, how do I transfer over all of my files from my SD card, such as documents, pdfs and for some reason most of my ringtones didn't transfer over when I did the setup?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

For the first time with a new phone, I think you have to manually reload all your apps which you'll have a list of all apps linked to your Google account on Google Play by selecting My Apps and all. After that, googe should remember the apps you install on a particular phone to automatically reinstall if you ever need to reset.

As far as your second question goes, there is already a post on the forum regarding the soft key illumination, you can follow the post here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/276201-permanent-soft-key-illumination.html

HTH :)

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to go to your playstore app and then it will have a list of all your apps that you have downloaded. When I got my new phone the apps I had on my previous phone already started to download and the couple that didn't I saw on my apps list and re loaded. Once you are setting up your phone also select the option to create a backup that way next time you change phones your drop box will have your phone backed up.

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've found the fastest way to re-download your apps is to go to the Play Store on a desktop browser. It's a much more efficient process than using the app on the phone when you're talking about 100+ apps.

metroff1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your responses. I did a backup on the Carbon app from my GS3 and will use that to transfer my apps. I also searched and found how to transfer my sd card by using my computer (first time with an android phone that has no sd) I must say I'm pretty disappointed that I can't turn on the home and back buttons..... It's driving me crazy when they shut off!