Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Newb question: How to transfer photos to computer?

So I'm still figuring out the HTC One, coming from an iPhone. I want to just drag and drop photos from my phone onto my computer (Mac). I've connected via USB and used both HTC Sync Manager and Android File Transfer, but I cannot find where the photos live. When I go into the Pictures folder in File Transfer, all I see are screen captures.

Surely there's a way to just drag and drop pics from the phone to your computer? What am I missing here?

Default Re: Newb question: How to transfer photos to computer?

The photos are in DCIM/100Media.

You are able to drag and drop on Windows. I think for Mac you have to load a program to recognize MTP files, but I don't use a Mac so I am not sure. There are threads here about it, use the search if you can't find.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Nevermind, I found it. There's a DCIM folder on the phone where the photos live. I was looking in the Pictures folder, silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by bosslugger View Post
    Nevermind, I found it. There's a DCIM folder on the phone where the photos live. I was looking in the Pictures folder, silly me.

if you use dropbox, you can enable automatic upload of photos similar to apple "photo stream", and then access or download them all with dropbox to your computer.