How do you sync contacts & calendar

aaronlam

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Curious how everyone is syncing contacts and calendar... b/c I am using a Macbook and my iPad... I've tried to get Android/Google to play nice with Apple:

Calendar (Mac) -> iCloud -> SmoothSync on Phone
* I couldn't sync Google and iCal b/c the location field is busted.

Address Book (Mac) -> Google -> Phone
* I couldn't use iCloud b/c SmoothSync Contacts doesn't work with Sense.

They fact they aren't in the same cloud is kind of driving my OCD crazy.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Curious how everyone is syncing contacts and calendar... b/c I am using a Macbook and my iPad... I've tried to get Android/Google to play nice with Apple:

Calendar (Mac) -> iCloud -> SmoothSync on Phone
* I couldn't sync Google and iCal b/c the location field is busted.

Address Book (Mac) -> Google -> Phone
* I couldn't use iCloud b/c SmoothSync Contacts doesn't work with Sense.

They fact they aren't in the same cloud is kind of driving my OCD crazy.

Please go to the HTC One forum and there you will find a guide that is stickied that I put up that is the full users manual that will tell you just how to do this.

aaronlam

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Wait. Is this not the HTC One Forum? Are you talking about this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/270501-htc-one-user-guide-quick-start-guide.html

I am not looking at HOW you technically do it. I've set up my phone to sync one or another successfully 10 different ways. What I am asking is what are people's experience in syncing that is the smoothest... if you don't want to go full Google. Note the asterisks above... neither way is perfect. So is there a solution that actually works correctly if I want to use Mac Calendar App?

ShipWreck

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I advise folks to save their contacts with a email account like Hotmail or Outlook Yahoo which ever one you might use. That way when you get a new device once you add your email account it will pull in your contacts for you. If you have not done this you can download the HTC Sync Manager as well it will pull in your music from ITunes as well as photos so forth.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
For calendars I run SmoothSync for Calendars for my iCloud accounts. For contacts I run [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/contacts-sync-for-google-gmail/id451691288?mt=12&at=10l3Vy]Google Sync for Gmail Contacts[/URL] on my Mac.

aaronlam

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
How come you don't sync Gmail in Mac natively? I set mine up through Address Book as a Gmail IMAP account instead of sync with On My Mac option... Works pretty well.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
How come you don't sync Gmail in Mac natively? I set mine up through Address Book as a Gmail IMAP account instead of sync with On My Mac option... Works pretty well.
I had 50-60 contacts set up on Google address book and a few hundred in my OS X address book and I needed a way to combine all of these records. The app I mentioned did that for me and just keeps everything in sync going forward.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007