Camera Wish List

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Here are what I think HTC needs to do to really put this camera in a class by itself -

1. Improve exposure metering/Dynnamic range issues. While I am happy with the camera, large pixels are supposed to provide better dynamic range, and I just don't think it is as good as it should be. Exposure metering seems to be a bit whacked too, skewed too heavily toward brightening dark ares instead of a nice balanced exposure.

2. Better control software. Why don't we have on screen controls for ISO, Shutterspeed, and EV+/-? These would make using the camera much easier to get the shot you want.

3. Give us access to the RAW image data as an option. This would allow those of us that want to adjust the noise reduction, color balance and sharpness to our liking on a picture by picture basis. I don't know why they would not want us to have the raw data except it may reveal how much software manipulation is going on to correct image issues (distortion).

That is my wish list. Anyone have anything else to add?

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Noise is largely a function of how large the pixels are and there's a limit to how big you can make them in a slim phone. HTC opted for fewer pixels, but 4MP is about as low as you can go without huge backlash from megapixel junkies.

I wish they'd included a time lapse option with sampling rates going below one second. Even at one second the video from a moving car is too quick so it would be better if you had sub second options. I'd like to see it start at 0.1 second and go up to 10 or 20 seconds. Something like this:

0.1, 0.15, 0.25, 0.5, 0.67, 1, 1.5, 2.5, 5, 6.7, 10, 15.

Brian

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz