Help - Nova Launcher + widgets

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I'm really new to android just got my htc one a few days ago and decided to get Nova Launcher Prime just right now. When I went to look for widgets I couldn't find my stock sense widgets so I'm assuming they dont work with third party apps. My question is it possible to get more widgets from the play store to work with nova because nova doesn't seem to have that many great clock + weather widgets. If someone can kindly give me some info and tips that would be helpful cause I'm kinda lost atm.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Aside from the Sense stock widgets, most if not all widgets on Play should work fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok yea thats what I was wondering too as well. I didnt want to buy a widget from play store then find out its not compatible with launchers.
Thanks guys and I'll check those HD widgets although I did like the sense widgets lol.

aaronlam

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Great thing about Google Play store is if you uninstall the app within 15min... You automatically get a refund. You can only do that once per app though. Pretty nice for trying apps out to see if they work.

Some widgets I am running... phantom music, eye in the sky, minimalist text...

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok yea thats what I was wondering too as well. I didnt want to buy a widget from play store then find out its not compatible with launchers.
Thanks guys and I'll check those HD widgets although I did like the sense widgets lol.
I make a lot of custom screens. Nova is an excellent choice. It's fast and very easy on your battery and resources. There are many widgets to choose from. Eye in the sky is an excellent weather widget. You should also check out Zooper widget. It does a ton of things and also has a weather component to it. This is my latest screen that was built completely in Zooper widget and uses Nova launcher.
uploadfromtaptalk1368254245721.jpg

If you are interested in custom theming you can check out many themes here www.mycolorscreen.com/ or visit my page here www.mycolorscreen.com/badbrad

Like many of the themes I include links to the widgets I use and also video tutorials on how to set them up.

Have fun.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded Zooper Pro. Thanks for the reccomend.

Posted via Android Central App
The only thing Zooper widget lacks is the ability to have custom image files. Once it does that I would never use UCCW again.

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I make a lot of custom screens. Nova is an excellent choice. It's fast and very easy on your battery and resources. There are many widgets to choose from. Eye in the sky is an excellent weather widget. You should also check out Zooper widget. It does a ton of things and also has a weather component to it. This is my latest screen that was built completely in Zooper widget and uses Nova launcher.

If you are interested in custom theming you can check out many themes here www.mycolorscreen.com/ or visit my page here Profile - MyColorScreen

Like many of the themes I include links to the widgets I use and also video tutorials on how to set them up.

Have fun.

Yea definitely love eye in the sky atm. I also have another question, I see alot of people have themes for the nova launcher like icon packs. Do I get them from playstore? And how will I know if they are compatible with Nova?

AceRockolla

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Great thing about Google Play store is if you uninstall the app within 15min... You automatically get a refund. You can only do that once per app though. Pretty nice for trying apps out to see if they work.

Some widgets I am running... phantom music, eye in the sky, minimalist text...

Great tip! Thanks!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yea definitely love eye in the sky atm. I also have another question, I see alot of people have themes for the nova launcher like icon packs. Do I get them from playstore? And how will I know if they are compatible with Nova?
Most icon packs are compatible with Nova. Go Launcher has a lot of icon packs and every one I have used works fine. The best part is that Google gives you 15 minutes to try an app, so if you can't get it to work or you don't like it then you can uninstall it and get a full refund.

Some of my favorite icons are:
MIUI X4 and X5
SMPL icons

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
If you go to the apps section of the play store and swipe to the left there is a list of categories and widgets have a whole section to themselves. Most are apps that come with their own widgets but if there is something specific you want the search function works very well, also look at the 'other users installed/viewed' bits at the bottom of each app page.

For sms, facebook and Twitter widgets I use the free version of Android Pro Widgets (search apw)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey