HTC One turned itself off - won't turn back on again?!! Help!!

Paul Tibulca

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

This trick saved my HTC One Mini 2. Many thanks!
What does that, anyway? It's some kind of force-reboot? It happened to me after I pushed like 10 apps to system/app. Maybe it was too much for it?!
Thank you again!

Rockyblaboa

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Tried all the above after experiencing the same problems described - NOTHING worked.

One reply mentioned the fact that dust could be an issue.

So I took old "Henry" the hoover to work on the front of the phone, focussing on the areas where dust could enter the casing.

Et voila, plugged phone back in, pressed power button and it turned on... with 91% charge so it clearly wasn't the battery causing the problem.

No idea how that happened but thought if it helps someone else thats something.

Zestfullyfree

May 26, 2015
Visit site
So, last night, with 45% charge and not rooted at the time, my phone magically turned itself off. It's an HTC One (M7), bought new from EBay (so no warranty) only four months ago. Since then, the phone has decided not to work as a phone (can't receive or make calls or texts, or use data), and now this. I'm getting frustrated...

I have tried the following:
1) Pressed the Power button for 20 seconds up to 2 minutes
2) Pressed the Power and Up buttons for 20 seconds up to 2 minutes
3) Pressed the Power and Down buttons for 20 seconds up to 2 minutes
4) Pressed all three buttons for 20 seconds up to 2 minutes
5) Removed the SIM holder and blew out all the dust
6) Shined a bright light on the light detectors and then held the buttons for various iterations
7) "Charged" the phone overnight through the wall
8) Plugged the phone into a computer with the drivers installed, and then tried holding the buttons for various iterations

For all of these, nothing happened. No sounds, no LEDs, no nothing. The phone is a brick; it's a pretty and expensive paperweight.

I know we're all beating a dead horse here, but other than taking the phone apart, does anyone have any other suggestions? I have called a service center that specializes in HTCs, but if I can fix this myself, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Firraveus

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Tim Mills: You saved my phone, after trying all other strange ways (like holding volume button, wtf?)
Your simpel trick ressurected my dead phone!

(Hold turn on button, set it in the charger and BOOM! It's alive!

Thx brah

kiarraalissa

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
My phone isn't turning on . It isn't charging . my was fully charged when it just turned off out of nowhere? Do i talk to my company about it or what? :mad::mad:

Nerfy07

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
My father had to plug his phone in and press some of the buttons. He doesn't remember which exactly, but his phone is currently working for him. We aren't sure if plugging it in helped, but it may have.

gherinnik

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me at the worst time...my son's high school graduation last night. I just found this forum and held the power button and volume up button at the same time, for 10-12 seconds and it came back on! Thank you so much!!!!! :)

Vincent Fisher

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue the first time it happened I emailed HTC and they were no help. Followed the above directions and it turned back on. It is now the third time it has happened and it will not turn back on. I called HTC and they said even though I contacted them before my warranty was up the first time, it is now 15 days over the warranty and they wont fix it or replace it. They also said that no one has ever reported this issue before me. If someone has proof they got a replacement for this issue, please share it. I told them about this post and they said no one reported it to them so its not an issue they can help me with. I will never buy HTC again!!!!

Jacob Netzley

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

I kept.holding down the power button and after 8 seconds the phone would vibrate and do nothing else. After awhile it stopped.vibrating after that duration, and when I plugged it in and it started charging. I was able to turn it on and it's working perfectly. The battery was drained about 30%

Your advice helped me get my mom's phone back on. I assume this is just a way to force the phone to turn on? Either way thank you sir!

cc_is_me16

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it just did that for me. I tried the hold power and volume at first it didn't work and didn't even vibrate but now I just did it again and held it in for like almost a minute while looking at everyone's comments and it worked! It vibrated finally and the screen turned on like as if you had your phone powered up and you wanted to restart it so it worked. This has happened to me many times before and I have only had it for about 2-3 weeks. The last times I tried plugging it in it didn't work except once and I also tried holding power button and it had only worked once and the very last time which was about 3-5 days ago it just turned on by its self so ..... I mean I don't know really but this worked for me. I hope this helps!

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday morning my Unrooted Sprint m8 randomly rebooted while the battery was at %100. After shutting down the phone was stuck on the boot screen that shows "HTC" for a few minutes until it turned off completely. The phone is completely unresponsive to inputs as well as charging. When plugged in to a wall port the phones charging light does not come on. But when i plug it into my laptop I get a ding from the laptop meaning that it is detecting something. In looking for an answer I figured out that this might have been a result of my battery "discharging". I connected it to the proper charger several times for several hours and no dice. I have also heard the suggestions and done the following; held power + up buttons, held power + down buttons, held all three buttons for 2 minutes, none of these solutions work for me but they have for other people. My phone is still in a state that appears to just be dead. Although when you hold the Power button + Vol Up + Vol Down for about 2 min 30 sec while on a charger or plugged into a computer you get a flash of orange light quickly from the charging indicator. When connected to the lptop and this is done I can hear the phone disconnect and immediately reconnect to the laptop as if the laptop discovered something. Can I please get some help here this is awful and is ruining my week.

Hayley Fagg

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Similar problem here, except mine doesn't even vibrate. Appears to be completely dead, even though I know it is charged.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon